Fourteen

"Hurry up!" Louis says frantically.

"Louis I am going as fast as I can. I realize you're upset but you need to calm down."

Louis bounces his leg on the car floor, mentally screaming at cars in front of them to go faster. "Did they say if he was okay?"

"I'm not sure. I know he's alive but they said it was pretty serious."

"Do you know why it happened in the first place??" Louis asks his father.

"Not yet. You can ask him when you see him. If he's awake."

"If he's awake?!? He isn't awake??" Louis semi-shouts.

"I'm not sure. I didn't say that he wasn't," Louis' dad says, trying to not let Louis' behavior stress him out more than he already is.

"Is that it?" Louis asks as his dad turns into a hospital parking lot.

"No I thought we'd just take a pit stop at this hospital before we go to the one Harry's at."

Louis quickly unbuckles and gets out of the car. "Not the time, lets go."

Louis rushes to the hospital entrance, getting extremely frustrated when he pushes instead of pulls the door open. Him and his dad walk up to the front desk, to ask for Harry.

"He's not allowed visitors right now, the doctors are still wanting to monitor him very closely," the lady says apologetically.

"Do you know when he will be allowed visitors?" Louis asks right away, his heart beating fast.

"I don't hun, I'm sorry. Usually it's anywhere between a couple hours and a day or two."

"Two days??" Louis says, more to himself than the woman.

"I'm sorry, you can wait here if you'd like or because your name is here on his list, we can give you a call when he's available."

"I'll wait here," Louis says without any hesitation.

"Are you sure, Louis," his dad asks, as they move out of the way to the desk in case anyone else comes up.

Louis nods. "Yes."

"Okay, call me though if you want to be picked up because I'm not staying," Mr. Tomlinson says.

"I will. I'm not sure how long I'll stay, do you still have that blanket in the trunk?" Louis asks.

"I think, you're not gonna sleep here are you?" his dad asks, as he gets his keys out.

"I mean I don't know. I just want it for like, comfortability."

"Alright, I'll go get it."

Louis thanks his dad and then goes to sit down in one of the chairs in the waiting area. It's not very busy tonight but it's also pretty late, although accidents don't really abide by a time schedule.

"Here," Louis' dad says as he walks the blanket over to Louis.

"Thanks, I'll call or text you if I hear anything or need a ride."

"Okay."

Louis watches as his dad walks out of the building. He thinks about how his name was on Harry's call list. He's thankful because if it wasn't they wouldn't be able to give him any information. Louis assumes because he's never given Harry his number, that the list must also include people who are allowed to be given information in general.