ii

Nekoma, huh?

Nori stared at herself in the mirror. She never bothered with the female uniforms.

They, allowed her to wear the male one.
They really allowed her to.

Which Nori was grateful for, but she was even more grateful for being allowed to enroll into nekoma midway through the first semester.

"Nori? Are you coming?" Her mother called.

She messily tied her red-maroon hair into a tiny ponytail, unbothered by her appearance or their first impression on her.

Did she look like a guy?
Probably, she thought.

"Coming." She called lazily, tossing her bag over her shoulder. She slammed the door behind her, giving the tiny house a rattle. Nori walked through the hallway, the socks made the journey slippery.

Man, what a bore.

She chugged the remaining orange juice straight from the carton as her mother scolded her.

Noriko inhaled some scrambled eggs and shoved pork sausages into her mouth and chewed aggressively as she buttered and jammed some toast while putting on her shoes. Giving them a little tap, she waved her mother goodbye, "Bye! I'll see you after school!"

"Bye-Bye!" Her mother called cheerily.

This is going to be hell.
Noriko walked, one hand focused on her phone while the other held the toast she was eating. She scrolled through the high school volleyball newsletter, wanting to know who won the finals. Nori smirked, a big maroon and white flag, Shiratoizawa's flag specifically with a huge congrats to them, with a photo of the team, huge smiles across their faces.

Nori smiled sadly.
I could have been there.
The captain recognition would have been given to me. If it wasn't for stupid stupid Tanaka who had to go and kill herself.
Ugh. I didn't even do anything to her—

"Hey watch where you're going!...." Nori looked   behind her, a cat-eyed, pudding-headed boy sporting a Nekoma uniform.

"Oh. My bad." He said nonchalantly.

"Um. Hi."

"Are you the transfer student we're getting?" The boy asked.

"Yeah."

"Hey hey hey! Kenma, you're talking to someone without mumbling for once?" A tall, bed-headed boy jogged to the pudding-head, who looked extremely annoyed as he stared at his 3DS.

They both go to Nekoma.

"Oh! Are you the transfer student?"

"Mhm, you got me there." Nori chuckled.

The boy glanced at her phone. "You like
volleyball?"

"Yeah. That used to be my team."

"Used to? Why'd you move from Shiratoizawa then?" He asked.

Nori's breath hitched.
I don't like this.

"He clearly doesn't want to talk about it."

"That's the girl's team, Kenma."

"Shut it Kuroo, I'm trying to get the final trial." He replied.

Kenma. Kuroo.

"I'm Sanctus Noriko."

"The miracle ace of Shiratoizawa!" Kuroo shouted.

Yes, the ex-miracle ace, Nori scoffed.