xvi

"Why do you two seem so tired?" Yamamoto asked.

Noriko, who was half-asleep on the bench just shook her head while Kenma's head bopped up and down as he was literally asleep. "The two stayed up all night at the park doing some shit," Kuroo snickered.

"Because we are," Noriko finally said, getting up, ignoring Kuroo's comment. She rubbed her eyes.

"What did you guys do last night?" He asked.

"Nothing." Noriko replied. That was true in the sense that they just sat there and did nothing for a couple of hours.

"Liar." Kuroo quipped.

"Get your asses back to practice." Noriko said, irritated. She sat back down as the boys ran off to continue practice. Noriko groaned, rubbing her temples.

"Hey, you're..okay right?" Kenma asked.

"You, back to practice." Nori replied, ignoring the question.

"Ugh. Fine."

Last night was, Oh God.

He loves me, he loves me not. He loves me, he loves me not. He loves me, he loves me not. He loves me, he loves me not. He loves me, he loves me not.

He loves me not.

Was everything a mistake, oh God.

Noriko excused herself from the gym. She paced in small circles, mumbling to herself. She chewed on her lip as she spoke, "What have I done? It's going to be the same thing last time. Oh God, shit, shit, shit, shit."

"I knew there was something up with you," Kenma said, closing the gym door behind him.

Noriko flinched in surprise, laughing awkwardly, "whatever do you mean by that?"

"Don't play stupid with me, it doesn't work." Noriko flinched as the boy sat down beside her. "What did I do now?" He asked.

"A-Uhm, it's not your fault." She said quietly, fiddling with her fingers.

"Just spit it out." Kenma snapped.

Noriko stared down at her feet, unable to find words to say. What do I do, what do I do, what do I do? What do I do? What do I do? What do I do? Noriko freaked out and grabbed Kenma by the shoulders and pulled him close so their foreheads would touch. The boy flinched at her forceful approach. Her grip loosened. Kenma stared at her face to try and read her but he couldn't get anything out of it. There was some sort of determination in the way her eyebrows were scrunched up but she was on the verge of tears. Kenma was confused.

"Noriko?" He asked gently.

"Do you just love me for my huge chest?" She blinked in all seriousness. Kenma scooted back, taken aback by the question. He never took Noriko's figure into account. He really just fell in love with her bright attitude and perseverance. Kenma blinked his mouth running dry.

"No." He finally said, "what kind of question is that?"

Noriko removed her hands from Kenma's shoulders, taken aback by the way he talked. She blinked in confusion. Did I misinterpret everything? "I-I'm sorry. That was a stupid question, wasn't it?" She said with a laugh. She scratched the back of her head, "you should head back to practice, come on Kenma." Noriko got up and went into the gym.

Kenma was confused at to what just happened.

Is she insecure?