vi

The school week had come to a close. People had started avoiding Noriko like the plague. She didn't mind, as she still had the volleyball team with her. Kuroo has invited her to go out with the volleyball team, as they do every Saturday. She had agreed reluctantly. It took a lot of begging on Kuroo's part.

Now, Noriko was rushing to get ready before Kozume would pick her up. She brushed her bird-nest of hair and quickly changed into a t-shirt and some shorts. She threw a hoodie over it and the first pair of socks she could reach. Noriko ran down the stairs, rushing to put her socks on and slapped on some chunky sneakers. "Noriko? Where are you going?" her mother called.

"I'm going to hang out with some friends."

"Friends? Really?"

"Yup! I'm hanging out with the Boys' Volleyball team today."

"Oh, that's right, you're their manager now aren't you? Well, have fun, be safe!"

"I will!" Noriko grinned, opening the door. "Ah, Kozume, how long have you been waiting there?"

"Ten minutes." he didn't look up from his 3-DS. It hadn't seem to bother him which relieved Nori. "Noriko, you ready to go?" he glanced up at her. Her hair was down completely, however her bangs covered her face. He'd expect her to be more masculine even out of the house but he guessed that was just an act. She had tucked in her hoodie partially and even put the effort to wear knee high socks. It still didn't cover up a bunch of her bruises, some covered with colorful bandages.

"Uh, yeah, quit starin' at me like that, I can dress well too."

"Right..."

The two headed down to the park where they met up with Kuroo and a couple of other third years. A couple of second years were hanging around too. A few first years, but not a lot of them. It seemed like they were still afraid of their senpais. "Ah! Sanctus!" Kuroo grinned.

"Noriko's fine," she returned the smile.

"Why're you so cheery today?" The vice captain, Kai pointed out.

"I can finally use your given name, what a blessing...and it only took one week!"

"Don't test it, Kuroo-san." Nori muttered with a glare.

"Right, right!"

"So what are we doing this time?" Yaku asked.

"Volleyball!"

"Huh? Don't you guys do that everyday?" Noriko asked.

"Second-years versus third years!"

"What about the two first years? Teshiro and Inuoka?"

"We'll have Teshiro for a setter and you guys have Inuoka for a middle blocker."

"Alright, then it's settled."

The park had a volleyball court already. The ground was compacted with sand and was boxed in. It wasn't as large as the gymnasium but it would do. Nori took off her hoodie, shoes and socks. So did everyone else. She stood on the other side of the net, eyeing Kuroo. "You're going down," she seethed.

"Really?" Kuroo raised a brow.

"You got Shiratoizawa's number one ace and Nekoma's to top that."

"But us third years are way more advanced."

"Keep felling yourself that." Noriko sneered.

"You can set first," Kuroo handed the volleyball to her. She walked time the edge, getting ready to serve. Noriko closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She then, did a powerful jump serve, sending it across the court. Their libero, Yaku, received her serve with some trouble. It was sent to the other side and her side called out their 'chance ball.' Kozume set the ball to Noriko who took the chance to spike. She eyed Kuroo and his movements, she knew her eyes would be followed so she focused dead center at his face, her hand slamming down the ball at the only open spot.