xviii

Kenma didn't know how he got in this situation. He was against the wall, Noriko grabbing his collar, staring at him with tears in her eyes. He blinked, wondering why she was crying. "Goddammit Kenma!" She snapped. Kenma flinched. "I can't tell if you actually love me or not-"

Kenma forced her off of him. He let out a sigh, placing a hand on Noriko's shoulder. "I do." He said.

"You don't act like it." She huffed.

"...I know." He glanced down, fully aware of what he was doing to her. "I'm...I'm sorry Nori."

"..." Noriko wiped her tears away. "Do you only like me because of my figure?"

Kenma blinked, taken aback by the question. "What?"

"Do you only like me because I have a large chest." She said, forcing him against the wall. She blinked, staring him directly in the eyes.

Kenma gulped, uncomfortable at the question since he never considered her body a part of the equation. "No...? Why would I?"

"..."

He realized, managing to put pieces of the puzzle together, creating a hypothetical situation. "Oh, Noriko...." Kenma began, realizing why she was so upfront about it. She buried her head in his chest. "I'm...so, so, so, sorry..." he said, his voice cracking as he spoke. Noriko shook her head, letting out a quiet sob. "I didn't think-I didn't know..."

"I didn't tell you. It's my fault." Noriko said with a shaky sigh. She pulled away from him, wiping the tears from her face. She smiled, letting out another sigh. "I had a boyfriend back in Shiratorizawa. Crazy, I know." She sniffled, "we were doing pretty well until I caught him cheating on me. I listened in on their conversation and he said that... he sai-"

"I know. You don't have to say it."

"..."

"It's okay." Kenma said quietly. "I never took your, erm, body into question to be honest."

Nori chuckled, "that sounds like something you'd do. I don't know why I was worried."

"...Hey Noriko?"

"Hm?"

"What are you insecure about?"