xv

Kenma's here already, isn't he?

Noriko ran down the stairs in cargo shorts and a striped t-shirt. She opened the door to see Kuroo. "Oh."

"Why do you sound so disappointed?" He asked, letting himself in.

"Because I am."

"Because I'm not Kenma, right?"

"What? No."

"Girl, you can't go out on a date like this."

"What do you mean?" She asked, raising a brow at Kuroo.

"Let me see you closet."

"nO—"

"OhmyGod."

"What?"

"You have nothing to wear for this date."

"I'm sorry, jeez. I don't wear frilly skirts and dresses, man."

"Does your mom have anything you can wear?"

"No???"

"Wait here for a minute." He said, rushing off.

"Not like I'm leaving my house anyways." Noriko scoffed.

Kuroo came back with a bunch of clothing. "Okay, back."

"Why do you have girls clothing in my size????" Noriko asked, confused.

"My sister's old clothing. She's in college and she said she didn't need them, so you're welcome."

"Thaaanks."

"Okay go put these on," he said, shoving Noriko into the bathroom ensuite. Noriko had tried about four different outfits that were shut down by Kuroo. Noriko had walked back in with one piece of clothing remaining. She had avoided it since dresses made her uncomfortable. She slipped the strawberry dress on (the one that's everywhere rn) and stared at herself in the mirror.

I look stupid as fuck.

Ugh, why am I even doing this? This dress doesn't suit me at all.

"Nori, are you struggling to wear a dress?" Kuroo said, knocking on the door.

"No, I'm not." She answered back, opening the door. She fidgeted with her hands as Kuroo glanced at her.

He whistled, "you should wear the female uniform Nori."

"No thanks," she replied, shutting him down.

"Okay, sit down, I'm doing your hair." Kuroo said, forcing her to sit on the edge of the bed.

The two sat in silence as Kuroo brushed her hair. "Why can't you brush your hair, bedhead?"

"I'm too lazy." He replied.

"But you're willing to do this." Noriko said.

"Yes. I can't have my best friend's girlfriend look like a hot mess on their first date."

"giRLFRIEND?"

"Oh right. Future girlfriend." Kuroo said, correcting himself.

"I hate it here."

"Me too, Noriko."

Kuroo had also done Nori's makeup and nails which surprised her that he had that knowledge. Like??? The captain of the volleyball team has a bomb ass fashion sense and make up and nail art skills that were better than most girls in their class. Which is like, insane.

Noriko stared at herself in the mirror.

I look like a different person. She blinked, fidgeting with her hands. The doorbell rang which made her flinch as she was in a trance. Kuroo made fun of her, which she replied by kicking him in the shin. "oW WHAT THE fuCK-"