Chapter 20 // Back Home

Marcel's POV:

I had quit my job in the marketing industry. All of this pressure about not being able to see my fiancée everyday for months on end was really killing me inside.

When I'm not around her, I feel an emptiness inside that i just can't describe.

I want to see her and I want to see my kids.

Darcey had given birth 3 years ago to two beautiful girls, Brianna and Nicole. She sent me photos of them every now and then. What really sucks is that I wasn't even there for the first three years of their lives.

Nicole had very beautiful blue eyes and light brown hair, just like Darcey did.

Brianna had my eyes, green, but hers were even more green than mine and dark brown hair.

I almost cried just looking at these photos. What kind of dad goes away for three years and never gets to see his children?
***
The drive to Los Angeles was very long as I had to drive all the way from New Mexico.

The long, seemingly endless drive was worth it because I was going to be reunited with Darcey and I was finally going to meet my daughters.

I passed a lot of small neighbourhoods which signified that I was almost there.

I sighed a very happy sigh as I got closer to where they live now.

I had been away for 3 years too long it seemed like an eternity. I hope maybe now, we can all see each other every single day.

I can't live without them, I just can't.

***

Darcey's POV

I was busy in the laundry room folding clothes and putting clothes into the washer or dryer. I was almost finished so afterwards I could make dinner for the girls and I.

I really missed Marcel. It's been too long since I've last spoken to him. He's become distant since he got that job in California.

I really do hope that it doesn't ruin or relationship because I love this
man so much to let him go that easily. it's just something about him that makes me so happy.

Ever since I met him, I've been madly in love with him and now that I have him, the love for him is stronger than ever before.

I wanted to call him before I got started on dinner but then paused for a second. I didn't want to disturb him from his job. I know how much it means to him...

SHORT! BUT! EXPECT REGULAR UPDATES SOON! I'M BACK GUYS (: