Ch 12 - The Trip

I parked my range rover out in the parking lot. I hopped put and grabbed my luggage from the backseat. "Here let me help you with that." Ashton says out of nowhere taking my suitcase. "Why thank you Ashton, you're so chivalrous." I tell him. "Hopefully that's a good thing." He says. I roll my eyes at him.

"Are you excited?" He asks.

"Sort of." I say.

"I promise that you'll love it there. You'll never want to leave after you visit. Maybe we'll get married there and have children. It would be so cool if their names were-" I cut him off.

"Ashton, we're not dating yet and you're already thinking of getting married and have children."

"Well, It's just a thought." He says quietly.

"I like your ideas, but don't you think we're too young to have kids?" I ask as we get to the front door of the school.

"Well yeah, but what about in the future?"

"Maybe. If Luke doesn't win you to it." I joke.

"Please don't tell me you're falling in love with Luke." Ashton says.

"I'm not. I'm in love with someone else. He's from Australia, he has brown hair and beautiful hazel eyes." I say hoping he gets a clue of who I'm talking about.

"Who is this guy?" He asks.

"His name is Ashton Irwin." I tell him.

"I know a guy named Ashton Irwin.. He's.. Wait a minute. It's me. I'm Ashton Irwin."

I laugh, "It took you that long to figure that out?"

"I'm not that clever. That's your thing."

"Trust me.. I'm not as smart as you think."

We walk into the classroom. We get approached by Mrs. Kane. "Morning." She says. "Good morning." I say smiling at her.

"I've already got you your roommates. Ashton will be rooming with Luke. Darcey you will be rooming with Rachel." Mrs. Kane says.

"Great thanks!" We both say.

"I'm taking roll in a few minutes so be ready." She says.

Within a few minutes. We're all counted present and we boarded the bus.

I took the window seat, I boarded the bus before Ashton. Ashton sits down next to me. He put his arm around me waist. Marcel passed through the aisle with his partner. He looked at us, he smiled but I could tell he was heartbroken.

As soon as we were on the road, everyone grew quiet. I rested my head on Ashton's shoulder. My vision blurred and I fell asleep.

I woke up once we were at the airport, but when we were on the plane, somehow I fell asleep again.

**

"Darcey.... Wake Up." I heard a voice say.

Wait where am I? I slowly opened my eyes not really recognizing where I was

"We're here!" Ashton says.

"Wait.. We are?"

"Yes! Welcome to Australia!!" He says excitedly.

"Thank you, but can you please let me sleep more?" I ask.

"No, You've slept through the whole flight. I think you've slept enough already." He says,"Now come on get up."

"Fine, but you owe me."

"Owe you what?"

"You'll find that out later." I say reaching up to open the compartment. I grab my luggage after Ashton grabs his.