3

Present Day

im not leaving without you

"Natalie, loosen up. Sophias fine!" Rachel was always my person to lighten my mood. In the past 4 years I met the 'love of my life', got engaged and pregnant. But just a few months ago we broke up and decided to be civil about our daughters living situation. Tonight is my night to feel free but I couldn't shake the edge off.

I took a few shots of fireball and rumchata as Rachel cheered me on. It was a mutual friend birthday so we were at our usual spot having a few drinks before making it a "night in the town".
"Rach, before we leave I'm gonna go outside really quick." Old habits never die hard. I mostly had to go because Rockstar was playing and I had to get out.

Don't get me wrong, I love his music. I love knowing that I knew the man behind the rockstar. But that's also why I need to get away.

Instead of my usual alley I walked a few blocks down towards another bar - younger crowds usually reside their.
"No fucking way!!!"
"That's not him!!"
"Look at the tattoos it's totally him."
I took a few bigger hits off my blunt and tried to be nosey while staying hidden.
The crowd forming around the bar was unreal. I saw it splitting up but more people came running and screaming.
"Posty!! Please can I take a picture!!"

My. Fucking. Heart.
"Jesus h Christ." I contemplated for a quick second on how my scheme would work. I stubbed out the blunt and took a deep breath before joining into the crowd. It took a second before I really got a good look at him, but when I did my heart sank.
"Austin!" I shouted loud enough for him to hear before he looked right at me. He looked like he had seen a ghost but I grabbed his arm and yanked him so quickly through the crowd, they had no idea.

"I'm too drunk to deal with fans right now." We fell silent for what seemed like hours. I pulled my blunt back out and lit it before offering it to him.
"I shouldn't, I got some laced -"
"It's me. Remember me super star?"

He smiled and took a step closer to me. "Natalie."My smile grew but fell quickly when I remembered my empty hopes.
"What's the matter with you?"
"Me? You told me to fuck off and disappear."
I scuffed and crossed my arms. "Bullshit Austin."

"Why would I lie to you!? You blocked me on everything after the most hurtful thing someone has written me."
Dalton. My ex and daughters father. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.
"I would never Austin...it must has been my ex. We were all friends and he had such an attachment to me. He knew how crazy I was about you." He looked at me for a second and I could hardly reach his gaze.

"You kept me believing that I was doing something. Lonely isn't the word." He grabbed my arm and pulled me close to him - suddenly everything felt better than it had in years. "I'm sorry I didn't try harder. I was so hurt and upset I didn't want to bother."
"Don't worry about it." I shrugged and kept smoking my blunt after starting to step away.
"I am though. I don't have an excuse and I don't know why I didn't message you one more time. You meant a lot to me. You were the last one who knew me for me."