20

give me all of you in exchange for me
Exchange - Bryson Tiller

The rest of the month that I waited for Austin to come home, I picked up doubles every chance I could get to pass time and make money

The rest of the month that I waited for Austin to come home, I picked up doubles every chance I could get to pass time and make money. I got approved for a new car that I could afford without my boyfriend, tried to find some cheap yet not grimy place

"Any luck baby?" Austin asked over FaceTime. Apparently he needed to stop in NYC and Texas before he got home, adding an extra week away.
"No..I don't trust any of the areas where the rent is $200 a month."
"What if you found a nice one and we can split the rent." I sighed and gave him a look.
"I'm not a gold digger."
"I know this, babe." He flipped his middle finger into the camera before looking down and making an extreme double chin. I couldn't help but laugh as I gave the next empty space a go.

"Stay on here with me so I can see please!" His puppy dog pout got me every time. My heels clicked down the sidewalk as I approached the realtor.
"Hello Ms Cooper!" She greeted me with a handshake and took me inside. It was spacious, had a waiting area and one bathroom, a decent sized closet, and back room where I could set up a salon station and sink.

"Trash removal, water and sewage is included - you pay heat and electric.
"Baby if water is included, take it!" Austin said through the phone. I smiled innocently at the realtor and showed him the entire place.

Little did I know a week later, Austin would be home with me, picking out what salon items I wanted. I had saved my income tax and money from doing hair for two years, now I finally got to put my dreams to life.

I surprisingly still had a steady clientele and with the location of the shop - it was next door to a strip mall in the downtown area.
"This is really coming together." Austin handed me a freshly brewed cup off coffee and I took a long sip. He tapped the tip of my hat and winked. "This is a great look for you."

"Mmm, the ripped up tshirts too?" I joked, gesturing to my All Time Low shirt.
"You know you can make anything sexy." He kissed my lips and went back into the actual salon part.

Two days later I was ready for my grand opening, of course my best friend, daughter, and boyfriend were there. I was so excited that I was running around like a psycho.

 I was so excited that I was running around like a psycho