9

I don't need nothin else but you
Location - Khalid

Sophia and I spent the day going to get our nails done and inviting my friend Carrie to come over and add some highlights to my hair. I decided we needed a self care day.

It's been a three months since Austin and I became official - its been wonderful. Wether I'm alone or next to him I wake up every morning happy and healthier than I had in longer than I could remember. Austin and I were good for each other and made each other feel important and special; we listened and communicated well. There were times when I started to argue about nothing and realize that's what I'm use to doing. I didn't believe they I deserved happiness. I didn't believe I deserved Austin. He was everything I needed and loved in a man and I had a hard time just excepting it.

I sat in my salon chair in my small studio outside as Carrie foiled my hair.
"I'm really glad you didn't settle though. There is so much more out there! You are too amazing to not find someone to match your inner beauty as well as outer."

"I think I did good this time, you'd be proud."
Sophia insisted that it was time to do her hair.

I put two pink streaks underneath - barely visible and curled her hair after we washed it. Naturally Carrie did my hair and offered to do my makeup so of course I said yes.

After Carrie left, Sophia's dad came to pick her up. I let him in but he didn't come very far, pretty sure I wasn't wanting to jump his bones. 
"Daddy!! Mommy did my hair!" She ran and leaped into his arms and that's one thing I'll never take from her.
"Wow Soph, that's beautiful!" She looked shy and gave me the biggest hug goodbye. "Why don't you go sit with Veronica in the car and daddy will be right out."

I watched her curls bounce down the drive way and prepared for whatever was about to happen.
"Are you fuckin stupid?!" I tried not to knock him out right there. Dumb bitch, stupid cunt, this and that - all former nicknames.
"Dalton, it's rinsable color. It'll be out in two days."
"I'm taking her to see my parents. They'll be thrilled. Just like when you pierced her ears without me."

"You told me too!" I put my hand on the door handle. "Dalton, why don't you get out."
"Why? Plans? You look like a whore with all that lipstick." He cleared his throat and gave me a dirty look before walking it the door. Sophia was hanging out of the window waving saying bye. It never gets easier.

My phone started to ring and I answered it before the third one.
"Hey handsome."
"What's up beautiful?"
"I took the day off like you told me to.."
"Good because you have to be at this address and ready by 4." My phone pinged and saw an address I'd never seen before. I googled it and nothing came up.
"Austin, are you selling me to a sex trade?"
"Not for all the money in the world baby. I'll see you soon."

I got ready as quickly as possible and rolled a 3 pack of Dutch Masters into blunts, found the secret pocket in my purse and was off. I took a selfie and sent it to Rachel for approval.