Chapter Four

Henry Stein's pov

(Twenty-five years after Kyle's disapperance)

I woke to rain pounding on the windows of our bedroom. Thunder clashed and the lighting flashed across the sky, lighting the cloudy sky up. I turned over on my said to face nothing but an empty bed side. 'Linda must be up already.' I walked over to my closet and pulled out some clothes from the closet and quickly put them on. I made my way down the steps and walked into the kitchen to see Linda. Linda has short wavy brown hair that was slowly turning grey with age and beautiful blue eyes she also wore glasses and had cute freckles that filled her face she was only 5'3. "Good morning darling," Her voice was angelic. "Oh! I brought in the mail for you so you didn't have to." She said. She went back to making breakfast.
I looked through the mail and saw a letter from Joey. "I haven't heard from him in years," I said to myself. "Haven't heard from who in years?" Linda questioned. "Joey," I said. "Isn't he your old co-worker?" She asked. I nodded to her. "What does the letter say?" She asked once more.

"Dear Henry,
It's seems like a lifetime scinse we worked on cartoons together.
30 years really slips away, doesn't it?
If you're back in town, come visit the old workshop.
There's something I need to show you.

Your best pal, Joey Drew."

"You should go see him," Linda said. "But what about you? We were suppose to clean the house today. The grandchildren will be here at three o'clock today," I said. "Henry, he's your best friend he hasn't seen you in a long time. This will be a good chance for you to catch up on life. Besides I can handle cleaning the house by myself," Linda said placing her hands on my shoulders. "Okay if you're okay with cleaning the house by yourself then I'll go," I said. Linda smiled. "Be back before dinner, alright?" I smiled to myself. 'Linda you are one of a kind.' I got into my car and left to go to the workshop. 'I'll be back soon Linda.'

***************************************************************

I looked at the old building in front of me. It's amazing that this place hasn't collapsed yet. The front door was slowly rotting away, and the windows were black with ink. Even the lights were still working. I walked up to the door the "Welcome" mat that sat in front of the door has collected so much dust over the years that the red carpet was a digusting brown. I turned the knob on the door, but the door was jammed. I used my shoulder to push on the door, and the door finally budged.
When I looked inside the building it all looked the same. The only thing different about it was the mess. "It's just how I remembered," I smiled.