Chapter Twelve

Henry Stein's pov

"My machines are hungry. Go gather me some spare parts." Alice said in a stern tone. *Clang* I turned around to figure out what had made that noise. There was this weird looking slot that opened up and in the slot was a monkey wrench. 'What do I need this for?' The gate opened back up. "There are so few rules to our world now. So little truths. But there is one rule we all know and respect down here. Beware the Ink Demon. Beware the Mangled One. Stay out in the open for too long and the Ink Demon will find you. For if you see him, you'd better hide. If you don't, well, I enjoyed our little date. Now, ley us begin our work." I walked back up to the lift and saw Boris waiting for me. 'What's the Mangled One?'
I pressed the level K button. The speakers that Alice was speaking out of earlier started acting up.

(Loud)

"Do you...hear me?" A voice came through the speakers. This voice was not Alice Angel's voice. "They call me... the Mangled One. I'm going to help you for as long as I can. I'll guide you through the Angel's... tasks that she has for you. I will even share some background information when you need it. I can't be on the speakers for long though. She will want to talk to you at the end of each task. If she can't talk to you, she will grow suspicious. Now, my question to you is... Do you... trust me?" A voice in the back of my mind is telling me I shouldn't trust her. But I can't exactly trust Alice either. I guess I'll have to wait and see how it all turns out. I can only hope that whoever this Mangled One is, is telling the truth. I reached level K and Alice started talking again.

"Have you met them? The Ink Demon and the Mangled one. They say they can hear everything. Every creak of the floor, every rustle of paper. I wouldn't run so fast if I were you, you never know what will draw them in." Alice said tauntingly. The speakers started acting up again.
"Before you leave the lift I'll tell you what Alice is looking for. Alice is looking for three gears, you will find those in the boxes in the toy room with the four Bendy clocks. One of the gears will not be in a box. Instead the gear will be held in the Piper's hand or the Butcher Gang leader's grasp. Be ready at all cost. You'll never know when the leader will show up. Beware of the Ink Demon too. You have seen those inky vains on the floors, right? That means he is around, and it also means you need to find a Miracle Station as fast as you can. The Miracle Station is up in the corner to your right when you reach the top of these stairs. Now... I need to go. Good luck."

'So... she said I need to watch out for the leader again. Alright where is he?' I walked up the stairs and there was the Miracle Station. I made it to the hall and there was the leader running at me from the right. I started hitting it with the monkey wrench. It dropped the gear. "Now I need to look in these boxes. I opened the first one. "This one's empty." I opened another one. "Nothing in here." The third on I opened had a gear in it. "There's two." I opened the last one and the gear was in the last one. "There's three."

"Ah. That should be plenty. Return them to me. And try not to die on the way back." I walked back to the life and Alice started talking again. "Sammy once said I had talent. He was always such a good liar. But still... he was once a very handsome man." Her voiced cracked a little. I was now back on level Nine. Let's see what the next task is.