#17 - Moment of Truth

*Zayn's POV*

I opened my eyes as the sun shone brightly through the curtains. I groaned knowing I had to get up, but that was the best sleep I've had in over a month. We were finally back home! We got off that stupid island and now we're home! I'm not really going to like today though. Today is the day we explain to Simon, Paul and the rest of management everything that has happened in the last month or so, that means everything, in detail. That means explaining how we survived and Vicky, but the worst will be explaining that Harry and I are in a relationship, and have a child. I don't care if they try to break us up or try to take Hailey away from us, my babies are not going anywhere. As soon as we set foot in London yesterday, Harry and I went through the whole process of adopting Hailey, which was easier and quicker than I thought. They made it quick because Hailey has nowhere to go besides us, so now I can proudly say that I'm an official dad, and trust me, the feeling is great. Hailey is now officially Hailey Malik-Styles. We didn't want her to change her name, but she really wanted to, so we did.

My bed is too comfy, I don't want to get up, but if I want to keep Harry and Hailey, I have to get up. I make it sound like I'm going to court or something, but we all know management are not going to take all this news well, it might cost Harry and I our fame, but as long as I have my boyfriend and daughter, I don't care what happens. It's not like we'd be living on the streets, we've both got way more than enough money to last the rest of our lives, and as much as we'd miss it, I don't mind if I lose my job.

This last month has been a complete mess, but somehow, liveable and enjoyable. And that day, two days ago, getting rescued, was such a relief. We cried happy tears and didn't stop until we were either asleep, or when we got home. I can't believe we survived 39 fucking days in the middle of nowhere. Being rescued was amazing, one of the best things to ever happen to me, to us. I snapped out of my thoughts when Hailey started squirming beside me. Since we've only been home for a day, we haven't got things for Hailey yet, just some basic clothes. I kissed her head and watched her open her eyes.

'Morning baby girl.'

'Morning Daddy.' She whispered. She sat still for a little, but suddenly was full of energy. She saw that Harry wasn't awake yet, so she jumped on him, waking him up.

'Daddy! Gotta get up! Big day today, up you get!' she giggled. I sat up and chuckled as Harry tried to pull the blankets over his head, but couldn't because Hailey was sitting on them.

'Hay, get off. Daddy's sleeping.' Harry groaned.

'No, Daddy has to get up and listen to his daughter, because Daddy has a big day today remember?' I asked, kissing Harry's cheek. He just groaned.

'Oh okay, good morning to you too lovely.' I mocked.

'Papa, I'm hungry. I want breakfast.' Hailey complained.

'Go wake up Uncle Niall and see if he'll get you something.' I said to Hailey. I watched her face go from annoyed to cheeky in a split second as she ran out of the room and running down the hall to Niall and Louis' room. I laughed and looked over to Harry, who was now sitting up beside me.

'What?' I asked.

'I don't want to go today Zayn. They're gonna take Hailey and you away from me, I can't lose you Zayn. You're my everything right now.' Harry mumbled, looking at the ground.

'And always will be your everything. Harry, they are not breaking us up, I'm not going to allow it. And they are certainly not taking Hailey. She is legally ours now and there's nothing they can do about it. Hailey is ours Harry, you hear me? She's all ours and she's not going anywhere, neither am I. Ever.' I said, pulling up his head by his chin and kissing him. We both melted into the kiss and pulled away for air.