Chapter 3: Heading off

Blazewhisker's POV: 

As soon as Grayheart came back with Moonwhisper, we decided to head off after they ate their herbs. At least my leg healed enough and I've recovered in time for the journey. We dodged a few brambles and crumpled up some ferns like we didn't care. 'cause we don't. It's not like we're going to hunt now or something.

We decided to follow the river, 'cause who wouldn't? It will take us to the Mountains for sure. But then, at once, we decided to run. We ran as fast as we could and 'til I couldn't move. I'm stuck!

I tugged and tugged 'til I noticed that my leg was stuck in a fox trap! I thought the Twolegs took back those things moons ago! I guess they forgot this one. Then I felt teeth tugging at my scruff. Honeysap!

"No Honeysap, stop. You will only make it worse," My brother mewed. Good Anarchy.

"But we must do something!" Honeysap yowled.

"Yes, we can do something, but that doesn't mean we should act so quickly that next thing that happens is that his fur gets ripped off!" Grayheart mewed worringly. Don't worry Grayheart, I'll be fine... Don't need to care much... We did get into too many fights that I can't keep track of them all. But I will be returning to the rogues after this! So, don't be too attatched! "Moonwhisper, I want you to see if there's a latch on the trap that we can open."

"Of course, Grayheart." Moonwhisper dipped her head and searched around the trap. I can still feel the pain of me tugging. And, it was on the same leg that was injured last time! Why... StarClan... are you letting this happen to me? Oh wait... I don't believe in those foul, lying dead cats. A dream can't tell you anything! It's just for sleep-entertainment. 

But, yet again... Maybe this is happening because I don't believe in StarClan.

"I found it!" It felt like a few heartbeats before the silver she-cat has found the latch. "It's hidden in the grass as if foxes will be smart enough to find it!"

"Good job!" Grayheart mewed as he ran up to where she found it. "Don't worry, Blazewhisker. We'll get you out!"

Can't wait... I thought sarcastically but didn't dare say aloud. Now, I'm just stuck here in place watching my brother give out orders.

"Honeysap, You see if you can open it while Moonwhisper and I try to remove it from his hindquarters." Grayheart ordered. 

"Of course," The golden tabby she-cat smiled as she tried to open the latch. Then after that I heard Grayheart and Moonwhisper slowly remove the trap and then came a yowl.