Chapter 5: Stump

Grayheart's POV:

My plan didn't work as properly as it was supposed to! Half of Honeysap's tail had ripped off. "I'm sorry, really sorry!" I mewed to Blazewhisker as Honeysap winced and yowled.

"It's okay, you tried." He mewed in dismay. I'm still not sure if he really means it. Now her tail is a bloody stump. 

"I guess my name is Stumpy-tail, now." Honeysap flattened her ears.

"Nonsense!" Blazewhisker snapped. "Your name is still Honeysap," He relaxed.

"But it doesn't feel that way," She didn't flinch when Blazewhisker laid his tail over her shoulder. 

"I guess..." Moonwhisper began. "Should we continue on our trail now?"

"No, not yet. Not until Honeysap's tail has recovered. Once all the blood's dried up and clean, then we can head off again."

"Then where should we rest for the night?" She asked.

Oh, that was a tough one. I hadn't thought about that. Then I looked over and spotted a low-hanging tree. It's branches hung low like the canopy hanging over the forest to block out most of rain. There was also fresh moss that have grown on the ground under the canopy. Perfect!

"Over there!" I flicked my tail over to the tree. 

"You sure it's not too moist under there?" Moonwhisper asked.

"I'm positive. See, the canopy will block out rain. And it's big enought for the four of us!"

"Of course. I trust you, Grayheart." She insisted as she gently pressed her nose on my muzzle then let go.

"Okay, follow me." I mewed as I let all three of them over to rest under the canopy. It was a long day. I watched as Moonwhisper tried to dry up the blood on Honeysap's stumpy tail with moss. This is going to be a long journey. I hope we're prepared for it.