Chapter 13: His Brother

Grayheart's POV:

"Who is he father? Why don't you like him so much?" I asked him.

"It's not that I don't like him, Grayheart. I hate him!" Liontail answered.

"Why?" Moonwhisper's eyes were bright. 

"Hawk's Claw's..." Then he paused a moment to stare at us with pleading eyes. "My brother. I know I've told you that Icefur was my only sibling but that was only because I don't like talking about him." 

"Why?" Moonwhisper repeated. 

Then I heard Liontail suppress a sigh. "One day he betrayed me on purpose because he never liked me or Icefur. But that's not important. Let's just wait for something needed for us to happen so we can go home afterwards."

"But wait!" Honeysap blocked Liontail's path before he could he move. "What did he do?"

"I told you: It's not important. So, if you can just---" Liontail tried to shove Honeysap aside but she held on to the ground as if her paws were stuck there.

"Please," She begged.

"Yeah." Blazewhisker agreed as he sided with her. 

"Fine, I'll tell you." My father settled. "Once, he tried to kill me as a kit by putting the sharpest thorns in my nest. Turns out he borrowed them from the elders' nests to bother me with them. Good thing Icefur warned me before I sat in it. I can never thank her more. Those thorns looked sharp enough to kill me, 'cause you know, I was a kit. Another time, he very cruelly tried to lead our sister into a fox den. But I warned her before she agreed." 

"Really?" I asked.

Then Liontail nodded. "By the way, now that we're here, we might as well learn to live here. Oh, right! I forgot, I did live here once. But I meant live here with him!" He angrily slamed his tail on the floor towards Stoneteller's den. 

Blazewhisker and I exchanged nervous glances. This is going to be a long time here if Liontail was going to make peace with his brother... I know that for sure... Don't I?