Chapter 17: Patrol Failed

Grayheart's POV:

A few moons later while still in the tribe, Stoneteller aka Hawk's Claw, decided to go patrolling with us along with Liontail, Dawn Wing, Eagle Fur, and Blazewhisker. My brother seems to have his intentions somewhere else, but I don't go prancing around them. His business, not mine.

We decided to patrol near a cliff's edge because that's where intruders most likely go to trespass. It's easy to go here without being scented or seen, since there's more to hide in and scents are so strong to cover yours because of all the rocks here. We decided to be as careful as we can because we're at the edge of a cliff.

Liontail went first into scenting the area. While he's at it, Hawk's Claw, uh... I mean... Stoneteller walked carefully right behind him so my father couldn't move his heels. When Liontail decided to back up, he trips over his brother's paw. He almost fell out of the cliff but held on to the rock before he could fall. His hind legs dangling from the side of the cliff.

"Oops!" Hawk's Claw mockingly and sarcastically mewed.

Dawn Wing gasped as Eagle Fur stood, eyes widened. Blazewhisker ran up to him. "No! Father! I'll help you!" He volunteered. But before he could get any closer to Liontail, Stoneteller blocked his way to our father. "What Stoneteller--"

"Don't get near him! I'll deal with him," Hawk's Claw turned to dangling Liontail, who seems to have been staring blankly at his brother. "Are you okay, brother?"

"No, I was never okay when I found out that you killed the old Stoneteller!" Liontail yowled. 

The patrol gasped. But Blazewhisker seems to have already known. Then why didn't he tell me!