Chapter 6: Hunt

Blazewhisker POV: 

The blood from Honeysap's tail had dried up. But we are still waiting for her to recover. So, I decided to hunt with Grayheart as Moonwhisper insisted to stay with her for reassurement. It was sprinkling a bit, but we didn't mind. A little sprinkle doesn't hurt, right?

Then my brother pricked his ears. "I think I hear something," he whispered.

He was right. I could hear a scratching sound. Rabbit! We decided to stay low. Then I mewed, "I'll chase after it. You go catch it from the other side."

Then Grayheart nodded and tried to keep low where the prey can't see him. Then he slowly padded over to the other side of the clearing. Then I rapidly chased after it over to where Grayheart was standing. As soon as the prey knew he was there, it panicked. Then my brother had killed it with a killing blow. Then licked the blood off his paws as I padded over to him.

"Good job! We really make a good hunting team!" I mewed.

"That just came from the cat who had abandoned me two moons ago," He growled.

My eyes widened. Doesn't he trust me? I'm sorry!

"Guys! Did you two catch anything?" I heard Moonwhisper's tone as she came towards us. 

"Yeah, we worked together to catch that rabbit." I mewed honestly as I flicked my tail at the piece of fresh-kill laying in front of Grayheart.

"Great! But, I came here to tell you. There's someone back at the tree waiting for you," She mewed.

Then Grayheart's eyes lightened. "Really?! Who?!"

"Wait and see for yourselves! Follow me," She mewed as Grayheart picked up the rabbit and followed her as I followed behind them.

Then, before I got to see who it was, I heard Grayheart yowl, "Father!"