Chapter 22: Expecting

Grayheart's POV:

When I woke up that Evening after I had the dream, I padded out of the cave to bring out a yawn. Then I noticed that Moonwhisper was heading toward me.

"Guess what, Grayheart?" She asked.

"Yes?" I tilted my head.

"I'm expecting your kits!" She mewed proudly.

"That's wonderful!" I replied as I quickly touched noses with her. "But, do you think you'll be okay? Because we're going back to the Clans. Jaymoon told me that we could go back."

"It's okay, I'll be fine. It seems as if the kits won't be coming for another few moons."

"Great!" I proudly mewed. "But you need to eat enough before we head off. Have you eaten?"

"Only a morsel. The kits in me seems to make me less hungry than I was,"

Then I frowned. "You need to eat! Think of our kits! They need to grow in order to be born," I gently replied.

"Okay, if you say so."

"So go now. I want to know that you've eaten at least a whole mouse before we head off again."

"And you will," She mewed as she went over to the pile and chose a rabbit for herself.

So sorry for all the short chapters! This book is almost finished and I want to rap it up so we could move on to the fourth book in the series!