Chapter 11: The Mountains

Grayheart's POV:

We followed Dawn Wing into the rocky clearing. There were cats who greeted us when they saw Liontail, and there were a very few whose gazes darkened. What grudge do they have against him?

Then Liontail glanced at Dawn Wing. "Take me to Stoneteller,"

"Okay, c'mon. He'll probably won't be too delighted that you're here,"

"he'll? Dawn Wing, are you trying to fool me?"

"No, this isn't a joke. Come with me, you'll see."

Then we started to follow Dawn Wing. Then Liontail whispered to me, "Be careful, not everycat here is nice and friendly like Dawn Wing. Some aren't that welcoming to strangers."

I nodded. But almost at the same moment, a dark brown tabby tom blocked our path. "Liontail, who are these strangers?"

"Eagle Fur, don't get too hostile. These two are my sons: Grayheart and Blazewhisker. And two of our friends: Honeysap and Moonwhisper."

"Jaymoon had sons! Congratulations!" The toms mew was more gentle as he calmed down and as his fur smoothed. "Greetings," He then gave way for us to go.

"Greetings to you, too." I mewed. But then I noticed Blazewhisker just staring into space. I gave him a quick cuff around the ear.

"Ow!" My brother responded. Then he looked at Eagle Fur. "Oh, yeah! Umm... Greetings," What could be in my brother's mind right now?

"See ya'!" Eagle Fur mewed as he went to join a patrol of four. 

Then we headed into Stoneteller's den and Liontail whispered. "I don't believe it!"