Chapter 1: Meeting

Grayheart's POV:

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey, join here beneath the highledge for a clan meeting!" I watched as the clans gathered beneath Firstar on the ledge. We're actually going! 

"Cats of ThunderClan!" Firestar began. "Grayheart has had a dream that told him to go to the Mountains and I won't doubt StarClan to bring him back safely. He has chosen three cats to go with him: Blazewhisker, Moonwhisper, and Honeysap."

My fur bristled in anger as I heard Lionblaze whisper to Cinderheart, "Some Journey," 

Then Cinderheart nodded and fluffed up her fur in agreement. "True," she whispered back.

 I growled for a bit then stopped. Control your anger... Control your anger... I can't show them I'm weak. So instead I shot them back a quick glance before looking up at the flame-colored tom again. 

"We will all hope for the best for them," Firestar mewed approvingly.

Then I heard Lionblaze quote, "the best," and that made me want to claw his fur out so he can finally repent. But he's my clanmate, and Firestar will not approve that. So I kept my jaws shut during the rest of the meeting. 

"They can get traveling herbs from Jayfeather and leave at once." Firestar continued.

"Thank you, Firestar." I mewed as I dipped my head to the leader and decided to find Moonwhisper first. She's not at camp so there's only one other place she'll be. "I'll go and find Moonwhisper, while you guys can go ahead to the medicine den." I mewed to Blazewhisker and Honeysap as they dashed towards the medicine den. 

Then I went to the forest over to the lake and found Moonwhisper just sitting there. "Moonwhisper?" I mewed.

"Grayheart!" She jumped. "You... You scared me,"

"What are you doing here?"

"I just thought that I would be alone for a few heartbeats,"

"Okay. But I'm here to tell you that Firestar has accepted for Blazewhisker, Honeysap, you and I to travel to the Mountains. My dream told me so. We're just about to leave now."

"Now?!" She gasped.