Chapter 12: Stoneteller

Blazewhisker's POV:

Then I glanced surprisingly at where Stoneteller sat. It wasn't a pretty kind white she-cat like father described when we were kits, instead, it was large brown tabby tom with menace glistening in his eyes. 

"Uh... What happened to the last Stoneteller?" I guess Liontail was thinking the same thing.

Then Dawn Wing turned to him. "I told you there was change! The old one died. A cat killed her."

"Who?" Liontail asked.

"We don't know. But there were some hints on her body that proves someone did. But no one would admit it. So, we had to use Hawk's Claw as leader."

"Dawn Wing, may I have a quick word with you in private?" He asked. 

"Okay," Dawn Wing accepted as they both turned around to speak. Then I decided to eavesdrop just this once while they think they're out of earshot.

"Hawk's Claw?! Hawk's Claw?! Why him? There are so many choices of leader in the Tribe and you randomly chose Hawk's Claw?! What do you think he's going to do as leader?!" Liontail mewed in surprise.

"Look, Liontail. We really had the urge to get a cat that we could look up to. And Hawk's Claw was the only cat so intent on becoming leader. He was our only hope." Dawn Wing urged.

"Okay, fine. But if he gives me the dumbest orders, don't expect me to listen." Then they turned back to Stoneteller. And Liontail rudely mewed, "Good day, Hawk's Claw."

"You know very well Liontail that I'm called Stoneteller now," Stoneteller mewed.

Then I heard Liontail let out a low growl in his throat. 

"And I wonder why did you return," Stoneteller continued. "Was clan life too much for you?"

"No, clan life is fine. I like it. We actually came here because one of my sons has had a dream telling him to go to the Mountains because there's something waiting for them there."

"Sons? Jaymoon has had kits, I see."

"Yes, Grayheart and Blazewhisker right here. And there are Honeysap and Moonwhisper, just two friends who are coming along. Grayheart was the one who recieved the dream."

"Greetings, besides, how's Jaymoon?"

"she's dead," Liontail politely answered but I can hint that it's a fake act. 

"Oh really?! Welp, that's sad. I guess you guys can stay for a while, but not too long."

"Very well," Liontail mewed as he left Dawn Wing in the cave and led us out. Then I heard him mutter to himself, "StarClan, I hate him so much!"