twenty one.

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

continued . . .

before yunseong knew it, he was running at donghyun who was standing in the middle of the street so recklessly. who cares if he died? as long as donghyun was going to live, everything will be alright. he didn't want to see the person he loved most getting run over by a car and ending up in the hospital.

"move!" yunseong pushed donghyun out of the way, onto the sidewalk, while he, stood there, hearing the loud truck honk at him. that was when he felt the impact on his body.

donghyun watched the scene flash in front of his eyes, yunseong's body being hit by the truck, his body laying flat on the ground. his hands were shaking, seeing yunseong's body surrounded by a pool of blood. he saw the driver getting out of the truck and calling the hospital.

"y-yunseong. y-yunseong?" donghyun quickly got up on is feet, stumbling over to his boyfriend and shaking the older's body, "yunseong! y-yunseong!" tears started falling out of donghyun's eyes. he felt wooseok and changyeob running up to him. the cars had all stopped, causing traffic and donghyun felt his whole life— just stop.

his tears never stopped streaming down his cheeks even when they made it to the hospital and changyeob was hugging him and comforting him while wooseok was contacting all their friends to tell them the sad news.

"they said he'll survive" changyeob reassured, stroking donghyun's hair, "it's a good thing we called early before he lost more blood"

"i-it's all my fault" donghyun sobbed, "i-i'm so stupid" he started smacking himself on the cheek. changyeob was quick to react and pulled the boy's hand away from his face.

"yunseong isn't going to like what you're doing right now" changyeob said, frowning at what donghyun was doing to himself.

"it should've been me that got hit!" donghyun exclaimed, digging his face into his hands, "i-it should've been me"

changyeob shook his head, "it would've been you if yunseong wasn't quick to save you. he loves you. he loves you to bits that he'd even take his own life to save you" changyeob handed the boy tissues from his pocket, "here. crying isn't going to make yunseong happy. he would want to wake up to see you happy"

donghyun took the tissues and began wiping his tear stained cheeks and the fresh drops of tears that had just fallen out of his eyes, "thank you" a smile finally appeared on his face that night.

changyeob smiled, "now that's the smile i'm sure yunseong would love to see" they just had to hope that everything went well. the two ended up staying at the hospital, outside of the emergency room, waiting for the doctors to come out. wooseok was sitting across from them, already dozing off from the earlier activities. changyeob, who stayed by donghyun's side was practically falling asleep, but slapped himself to keep him awake. he needed to wake donghyun up just in case the doctor came out, of course. other than that, he was on his phone, texting his crush and and almost dropping his phone like ten times since he was so tired.

"anyone here related to patient hwang yunseong?" changyeob practically jumped out of his seat, finally hearing the doctor's voice. he quickly raised his hand and shook both donghyun and wooseok awake, "we're his friends"

"where are we?" donghyun rubbed his eyes, getting used to the bright hospital lights once again, "is yunseongie awake?"

the doctor giggled, "he isn't awake yet but i'm happy to let you know that the procedure was a success. he'll be awake soon"

donghyun smiled. after hours and hours of waiting, the pounding of his heart stopped. at least yunseong was still awake and he could talk to the boy again. he didn't even care about what happened by the lockers. he just wanted to talk to yunseong again— maybe even hear his explanation that he ran away from earlier. if only he didn't run away then this wouldn't have happened. guilt was showering over him again. he was the cause of this accident.

"thank you doctor" wooseok smiled, "so he's okay now?"

the doctor nodded, "from what i know. we'll just have to see when he wakes up. he looks fine accept from the head injury he had. the impact wasn't that hard so i wouldn't be surprised if he had some sort of amnesia after waking up"

"can we go visit him now?" donghyun asked, pouty lips present on his face.

the doctor smiled at the cute boy, "of course you can. i'll lead you to it" the three followed the doctor to the room. donghyun wanted to pounce onto the bed and hug yunseong to his heart's content. seeing yunseong like this mad him sad. and knowing that he was the cause to all of this made him guiltier.

"don't go cuddling him or else his stitches will open up" changyeob chuckled at the younger who was sitting by yunseong's bed and holding his hand.

"i won't" donghyun smiled, heart feeling full after seeing his lover again. that's how he ended up staying there the whole night, holding yunseong's hand to his heart's content. changyeob had left since he wanted to go home and sleep. wooseok was the only one that stayed with him.

"i need to tell you something" wooseok said, catching donghyun's attention from across the room, "yunseong didn't want to kiss minhee"

donghyun lifted up his head, looking at the older, "w-what do you mean? i saw him kiss him"

"he did it to end the dare" wooseok explained, "i gave him a dare at the beginning of the month to date you and break up with you at the end. if he ended up falling in love with you in the one month span, he would need to kiss minhee in order to end it all"

donghyun seemed to understand and gave wooseok a bright smile. yunseong did it for him. his heart fluttered at that thought. he just needed yunseong to wake up and he'd shower him with all of his love. he didn't even care if he couldn't see cix with yunseong. he just wanted his boyfriend back.

"i'm glad i gave him the dare since i get to see him happy again but the accident happened and now i feel well . . . . guilty" wooseok sighed, a half smile appearing on his face.

donghyun shook his head, "i-it was my fault. i didn't stop when he asked me to and that's how we ended up here"

wooseok stood up and walked to the boy, giving him a hug, "lets not blame ourselves anymore. lets just hope that yunseong wakes up and he's alright"

donghyun nodded, smiling at the older once again. wooseok left later and donghyun was the only one left. he ended up falling asleep by his boyfriend's side, cuddling up onto his arm. yunseong, on the other hand, woke up in the early hours and looked around, getting used to the bright light hitting his eyes. everything seemed to hurt. his head was pounding and his ribs hurt.

he tried moving his arm but he couldn't. he looked down to see a boy, snuggling up against his arm. yunseong smiled, laying back down and letting the boy sleep. he felt himself using his other hand to reach over and run his fingers through the cute boy's hair. he didn't know why, but his brain told him to do it. he couldn't put his mind to it but the boy looked oddly familiar, but he didn't know who it was.

"who are you?"

@ SEUNQYULS
12/12/19

a/n :: :)
please don't kill me.
also i get ads for reading my
own fic i—