Aftermath

*Edited*

Timeskip to them all in Tony's lab

We all sat in Tony's lab, recovering from the strange and traumatic events. I sat on the stairs with a cup of coffee, tending to my cuts and picking glass out of my arms and feet.

"All our work is gone, Ultron cleared out, used the internet as an escape hatch" Bruce informed.

"Ultron" Steve muttered and shook his head.

"He's been in everything, files, surveillance, he probably knows more about us then we do each other" Nat informs crossing her arms.

"He's in your files, he's in the internet, what if he decides to access something a little more exciting" Rhodey said.

"Nuclear codes" I sighed, rubbing my temple.

"Nuclear codes" Rhodey repeated.

"Look we need to make some calls, assuming we still can" he stated.

"Nukes? He said he wanted us dead-"

"He didn't say he wanted us dead, he said extinct" Steve corrected Nat.

"He also said he killed somebody" Clint piped in.

"There wasn't anyone else in the bulding" Hill said, picking glass out of her feet.

"Yes there was" Tony sighed pulling up JARVIS's program. I gasped at the horrific sight, he was mauled. I stood up and looked closer, same with Bruce.

"Oh JARVIS" I sighed.

"This is insane" Bruce said.

"JARVIS was the first line of defence, he would have shut Ultron down it makes sense" Steve sighed.

"No, Ultron could have assimilated JARVIS, this isn't strategy this is-"

"Rage" I finished Bruce's statement.

I then heard heavy footprints and saw Thor advancing for Tony, grabbing him by the throat and holding the billionaire against a wall.

"It's coming around" Clint said. I glared at him and walked up to Thor.

"Come on use your words buddy" Tony said.

"I have more then enough words to describe you Stark" Thor said, glaring at Tony.

"Thor" Steve said, grabbing his attention.

"The Legionnaire?" he dropped Tony on the ground and I went over to check on him.

"You okay?" I whispered but he just nodded, fixing his suit.

"Trail went cold about a mile out but it was headed north" Thor said, not looking away from Tony.

"And it has the sceptre. Now we have to retrieve it. Again" he glared once more at Tony.

"The genies outta that bottle" Nat said.

"I don't understand, you built this program why is it trying to kill us?" Helen asked.

Tony started laughing making everyone in the room stare at him. Bruce and I stood their shaking our heads, telling him to stop.

"You think this is funny?" Thor asked him irritated.

"No, it's probably not, right? It's really terrible? Is it so terrible, it is, it is, it's so terrible" Tony said sarcastically making me stand on his foot, he glared and went back to talking.

"This could have all been avoided if you hadn't played with something you don't understand" Thor said.

"No, no, I'm sorry, I'm sorry it is funny it's a hoot that you don't get why we need this" Tony argued, getting frustrated.

"Tony" Bruce sung, warning him to back down.

"Maybe this might not be a good time" I sighed.

"Really? That it's? You just roll over, show your belly every time somebody snarls" he snapped.

"Only when I've created a murder bot" Bruce retorted.

"We didn't, we weren't even close, were we close to an interface?" He asked.

"Kinda" I shrugged.

"Well you did something right, and you did it right here. The Avengers was suppose to be different from SHIELD" Steve informed.

"Anybody remember when I cleared a nuclear wormhole?" Tony asked.

"No, it's never come up" Rhodey said sarcastically.

"Saved New York?" Tony continued.

"No" Rhodey retorted.

"Recall that? When a hostile alien army came through a hole in space, we're standing 300 metres below it. We're the Avengers, we can bust arms dealers all living long day but that up there, that's that's the end game (literally 😭). How are you guys planning on beating that?" Tony finished his monologue, the whole room was silent.

"Together" Steve said.

"We'll lose" Tony said, walking in front of Steve.

"Then well do that together too" I said smiling. 

"Thor's right, Ultron's calling us out, and I'd like to find him before he's ready for us. The worlds a big place, let's start making it smaller" Steve said.

"Aye, aye Captain" I smirked while saluting, trying to lighten the mood.