Always by your side

Yeonjun 

I turned to look at Laura once again and as expected she was frozen in her seat. She didn't budge at all. She didn't pay attention at all while the teacher was teaching. She was dazed in her own world. I was starting to get worried if the reason she was dazing had to do with me, maybe she regretted that she let me kiss her. Oh, I hope not.

After the teacher leave, I reached out to her holding her hands tightly.

"Laura, are you okay?"

She jumped a little by the sound of my voice then she looked up to me. I couldn't read her face, it had no expression.

"I'm fine, why wouldn't I be?" She shrugged it off but she was still holding my hands, gratefully. So I don't think she was mad at me. I look behind her and saw that the new guy, Jace, was smirking while looking at our clasped hands. What's his problem. I changed my gaze to Laura. She was still deep in her thoughts. I gotta do something. I bring her right hand to my lips and peck it. She was really in utter shock after I did that.

"Why did you did that? People are looking." She liked it by the way her cheeks turned red, I knew she did. She is just so cute.

"You wouldn't look at me. You didn't even pay attention to the class. Is something bothering you?" I inch myself closer to her desk and look at her straight in those dark blue eyes. Damn, she is really beautiful.

"I wasn't daydreaming. Aren't you hungry, I'm hungry. Let's go eat, shall we?" She took my hand and take off to the cafeteria.

But we only ate a little and then went to the rooftop, just us both alone. We were just looking around the school compound and a little bit of the city. It was a really awkward situation, so I tried asking her questions.

"Tell me about yourself."

"There's nothing special about me."

"You're everything to me Laura."

She looked at me like I've grown horns on my head. It was the truth. I like her a lot. I was falling more and more deeper for her. She just makes me feel things that I have never felt before. My hearts feel like bursting when I'm around her. She is just amazing. I didn't think that I would felt this way around her but it did and i'm not complaining.

"I have something I need to tell you. The reason why I have this cold attitude all around me. I'm just afraid."

She looks anywhere but me. She is showing her vulnerable side to me. She's opening up for me and I gotta do this right. She need me and I have to be there for her, for us.

I hug her and at first she didn't hug back but after a few seconds, she put her hands behind me tugging me tightly. Her head rested on my shoulder. We were like that for a couple of minutes and then she pushed me back a little for space. She reached for my hands to grab it.

"My parents divorced when I was a kid. My mom cheated on my dad. So my dad took care of me but in fact he didn't. After the incident, he always go back home drunk. Making a mess of the house and I was scared, so I stayed in my room. It broke my heart to see him like that. But one day, he went a little far with the drink he almost hit me."

I was clenching my fist. How could a father want to hit his daughter. She noticed my reaction but she continued.

"Almost I said. I called the police and they said that he wasn't trustworthy to take care of me. So i was sent to my mom. She was living with her new husband and they had kids around my age. I didn't get along with them, I tried to but I couldn't. They will always bully me and my mom knew but she did nothing. My view on people started to change, that all people are mean never deserves my kindness. I was kind and polite to them but they still treated me like garbage."

Her tears started to flow and I hug her tightly to give her comfort. It broke my heart to see her like this. Her childhood was ruin because of them. She stopped her tears and wanted to continue.

"It's okay if you don't wanna talk about it." I wiped her tears and stroke her cheeks.

"No, I want to. I fought back whenever they bullied me and I almost gave one of the kids a black eye but she probably deserved it." she giggled a little and I was thankful that she can still laugh about it even when she is sad.

"After that, I was sent to a foster home and someone took me in. My new parents who has been taking care of me since now. They were kind to me but still my views on people didn't change because of a certain someone. I still appreciated them."

I cupped her both cheeks to cut her off.

"I would like to hear all of it but the bell rang and we need to get back to class." I laugh a little and she giggled. I love it when she smiles, it makes my heart warm and tingle.

"And Laura, you don't have to be afraid cause i'm not going anywhere. I will always be by your side defending you from all the negativity in this world. Just you and me."