4

I got up the next morning sweaty and cold. The air conditioning was on blast and I was still salty that I wouldn't see Cristy any more because I definitely was not going to try to encounter ole dude again because this time I couldn't say it was an accident.

Before is showered, I put some coffee on and turned the tv on to see what the weather was looking like and to check out what was going on. I stretched out over the couch and snuggled under my blankets, debating whether if I wanted to even check out this job my brother had got me.

My expression grew firm, many people needed a job and it would be selfish of me not to accept it. He was also in prison, he had worked hard to get this for me. I forced myself up with the thought in mine that it would be a little chilly today and headed in my room to see what I could find in my whoreish closet that would fit a nice first day of work fit. I wasn't going to any of my classes today anyways. After a week, I'd finally be graduating from college, my brother would be out from when he was 15 (her bro is 26 now, please don't do no serious math cuz I sho ain) and I would be able to take on this job full time. This missing classes thing was only on one occasion because I needed to get my shits together.

I finally found some dress looking pants and a little white blouse shirt and my all black K Swiss then headed to my car to Google wherever the Hell I had been sent to all those...months ago.

Alright, alright, flash back time. When I was about 19 or something, I spent my last month in a mental hospital because of some shit I had done in my early teen years. Basically I made a few empty death threats and actually killed a few people when I was like a young kid or whatever, made the threats in my early teen years, tried to kill myself a couple of times, but to was only because my mother was so cold towards me. I still remember the feeling of unimportance that practically shuddered off of her.

I was nothing.

I sucked in a breath and pulled into the place. I didn't like how nearby my home was close to this evil place. I never wanted to be here. But at least traffic wouldn't be so rough on me getting to work and all. I pulled into a parking spot and went inside to check in, sending our cousin a warm thank you and some stupid meme I had seen in the first panel of the GIF section.

Now, you know how we got up to my meeting with this strange girl Danitha.

"I'm.....Laila," I said and rose from the fountain. Well, I was drenched now. Not my best comeback to a place that knew of my true nature. Of what I hid inside.

"I'm so sorry, I swear I didn't see you," Danitha apologized, her hands over her little mouth. Something about her just screamed off, but those were the type of things I was attracted to. And people.

"No, no. I had jumped in the way, it's too chilly out here for you to be getting wet," I smiled down on her, an inch or two taller then her, I realized, as inches closer to her. She blushed and looked anywhere but at my eyes. One look in my eyes earlier and I knew she saw right threw me, she just didn't know what she had seen. It terrified me which excited me. One of my nostrils was now stuffed up so I was cranky as I led her back into the building.

Once inside the more warm air I sent Danitha a smile so she wouldn't think the stress on my face was because of her and watched as the wheel chair flipped further into the fountain. Yeah......I wouldn't be fetching that. She offered a random blanket we saw on the slight steps to someone's office but I declined with a small smile.

"What are you here for?" I finally asked

Danitha looked down, "Murder."

"I've been in your place too, before," I said numbly before she could even finish. My eyes found hers. "And this shit ain easy, buttercup."