12

I pulled up to D's place or whomever she was staying with. A nice green color paved over the house and it was made out of brick and wood. Two kids played in the back and a dog chased them with a Waterhouse glued to his head, either by hot glue or mud. I cringed. I may not be an animal person but geez. I text D that I was outside, and after I gave her the ten minute warning, I was just about to leave when she emerged.

(Nope y'all don't get to see her yet)

Her short hair was curled at the top of her head, probably no longer than her nape and her eyes were shaded underneath oddly shaped pink glasses that matched her symmetrical outfit seemingly inspired by Cardi B by the logo at the top. D walked stiffly past me to the passenger seat and I looked around the car and hoped in. Invasion of Privacy, any one?

I started up the car and began driving back towards my home. That would be a good thirty minute drive plus traffic, and although I'm sure D hand calculated how long our drive was (and if she did, most likely not correctly), she knew we had a long time. And that opened up time for conversations we hadn't had in years.

"So, what happened with you and that stud?"

D slowly slipped off her glasses and laid them cautiously on the dash board only for my foot to "slip" on the brakes and send the fragile plastic crashing onto the car mats. D ignored the glasses and leaned angrily against the window. "Why does everyone keep asking me about her. I don't wanna talk about her so I don't wanna talk about her. And that's on periodt."

"Yea, well I'm also taking you into my house and we haven't seen each other in years. You also chose that little bitch ova family, so yes, I do think I deserve an answer, little miss Cardi."

D rolled her eyes and made the most awful sigh.

"Why do you always act so unappreciative!? My mama was here for you when your mom obviously wasn't and Daddy treated both of us the same! Like the two princesses that we will always be to him. Please, you aren't gonna end up in good places like this, D."

She ignored me and stared out the window coldly.

"Maybe if you hadn't killed my mama none of this would be a problem," she said mid sob. She held her head up so that her makeup wouldn't be ruined, her nose drizzling our mucus.

"Sister...."

"Don't sister me," she roared, whipping her head my way and allowing a tear to fall.

"I loved that woman no matter what she had done to me! Our brother is probably in jail because of you." she said at last with a half smug and half sullen air.

"Don't you even dare call him your brother too if you want to disrespect his name! He made bad decisions and that's what I'm trying to keep you from! I'm trying to become a better person! Even me! Yes, the lost case no one paid attention to."

A car shot out in front of me and I swerved around the intersection, pumping on the gas until I was finally driving straight again. I was lucky no cops had been hanging around in their usual spots.

"Attention?" D asked quietly, "you had both of your parents in the same household! You still do! Daddy rarely paid attention to me, but of course you didn't notice because you were so busy being the psychopath that you are!"

I braked the car and began choking her.

"I! Am! Not! A! Psychopath!" I grunted as I squeezed on her neck. Her legs kicked but we were still in our seat belts so she couldn't even turn to fight.

She finally fell limp in my arms and I checked her pulse. Still alive. Now would be a lovely time to kill her but I had promised my brother that I would look out for her. I brushed a curl back.

I only hoped that it would work.