0.4

Flashback New York Summer 2018

 Ethan ordered another drink as he chatted up with a blonde girl in a mini blue dress. She was the flavor of the week. If Ethan was being honest, he wasn't the type of guy to be tied down. After his parents passed away he realized life was a short trip, so he needs to make the most of his fleeting life. Lets just say he's been around, and what better way to celebrate his bachelor life than a trip to New York. It was an offer he couldn't refuse. As long as he did his school requirements during the day he could party all he wanted during the night.

Although he was initially interested in the blonde girl, he quickly forgot about her when he noticed the spitfire bartender. She was holding her own against a perverted, drunk man. He was about to step in when she slapped him. No one seemed to notice except him. Everyone else was to busy trying to get laid or were already drunk.

"It was self defense." Emma said when she noticed him looking.

"I don't know. Seems like he was the one who needed defending." He teased.

" Your drinks will be on the house if you don't tell anyone. I really need this job." Emma pleaded.

" Ethan." He said as he walked over and held his hand out. Ignoring the pouting blonde girl he previously had at his side.

"Emma." She said as she shook his hand.

"Should I be worried? Do you always go around hitting men." Ethan joked.

"I can promise you he deserved that and more. Now with that out of the way. What can I get you to drink?'' Emma asked.

"What do you recommend?" Ethan asked.

"How about I surprise you with one of my favorites." Emma said.

"Hit me." Ethan said. Emma and Ethan's eyes widened at the accidental pun and busted out laughing.

"Figuratively I mean." His eyes glistened with specks of mischief.

She smirked and began to prepare him a drink. A glass cup was slowly slid towards him. Ethan picked it up and inhaled the smokey aroma. He took a small sip and rolled it around his tongue before swallowing. He hummed in satisfaction.

"Bourbon, my favorite." He said without taking his eyes off her.

* * * * * * * * * *

They hit it off. Ethan couldn't keep his eyes off her the whole night. They spent her whole shift flirting and she didn't seem to mind. She was an equal and eager participant. He was glad he wasn't the only one feeling the connection. Her shift was finally over. and he just had to ask.

"Do you wanna dance?" Ethan asked.

" No, we're leaving." Emma smirked.

Ethan complied, he would go anywhere if it meant he could spend a few more hours with her. He didn't want this night to end and neither did she.

He can't explain how they ended like this. One moment they were talking and the next thing he knew he was pressed up against a building. Her fingers were tangled into his hair as their lips passionately moved against one another.

" I swear I'm never like this." Emma said while she was pulling his hair.

"Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels it." Ethan panted as he momentarily pulled away.

"You're not. I feel like I'm on fire. Everything you do drives me crazy." Emma said.

She pulled him down for another kiss. They moaned in unison as their tongues twirled against each other.