0.9

Warning smut towards the end.

"You didn't have to hit him that hard Gray." Ethan said.

Kyle was lying unconscious on Emma's couch. He hadn't moved a muscle since Grayson struck him. Ethan won't even go into detail how they struggled to smuggle his limp body into Emma's apartment that resided on the 3rd floor.

The door flew open. "Of course he did. Your friend was losing control! He could have gotten us all in trouble if the locals weren't drunk out of their minds."

"I need a drink." Emma muttered.

"You just came from the bar..." Olivia said.

"I need a drink to get me through all this crap. Start talking." Emma ordered.

" We need you to help us get into Kyle's mind.  He killed one of our classmates, but he can't even remember it happening. We've already tried to see a witch back home, but they just left us with more questions. They freaked out and refused to tell us what was going on." Ethan said.

"That's because they couldn't see anything. No disrespect to your friend I'm going to assume, but this isn't a spell anyone can do. The brain is a tricky organ to get into and requires more than the average spell. The most he probably saw were fleeting glimpses. It probably freaked him out because he couldn't make out the whole picture." Emma said

 "Is there anything else you would like to tell me? I saw him in the club, he looked like a savage. Like he couldn't control himself. The murder is one thing- " Emma said.

"We don't know what that was. That's why we're more desperate than ever to find out what happened. Kyle has been our friend for years and trust me when I say he's never like this." Olivia said.

Emma sighed, "I'll do it."

"Really? Thank you!" Ethan said.

"But tomorrow. There's no way I'll be able to muster that amount of power right now. My magic is linked to my energy, so I need some time to recharge. You can stay the night in my spare bedroom." Emma said.

"What about Kyle?" Grayson asked.

"Let's leave him on the couch. I don't trust him, so I'll subdue him for the night. The last thing we need is for him to escape and go rampage." Emma said.

They followed Emma into the spare bedroom and thanked her once more. She brushed it off and went to her room. Ethan laid awake on the ground while Olivia and Grayson took the bed. He waited patiently for them to fall asleep before he quietly stood up and tip toed over to Emma's room. The door was slightly ajar, so he tentatively pushed it open.

 The door was slightly ajar, so he tentatively pushed it open

It was exactly how he remembered it. How many times were their limbs tangled in those sheets. Their heads laying on the pillows after sex while they murmured their love for one another. Talking about the future like they had a chance to be happy.