1.2

Ethan walked over to the guest room and Grayson followed him leaving Olivia and Kyle with Emma. When Grayson got into the room he saw Ethan bent down rummaging through his duffel bag.

"So, do you wanna tell me about what I saw this morning." Grayson crossed his arms and leaned against the door frame.

"What did you see." Ethan played oblivious.

"Everything besides your tongue down her throat. You guys looked straight out of a movie." Grayson said.

Ethan looked up and guilt was written all over his face when Grayson asked, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"It's complicated Grayson." Ethan said.

"Complicated? What's complicated about you having a girlfriend." Grayson paused, "Unless she isn't and you're just hooking up with her."

"It's not like that, well it is, but there's more to it. Like I said it's complicated." Ethan said.

"It all makes sense now, you know. I was wondering how you knew a witch. Nevertheless one all the way in New York. When did you guys meet?" Grayson asked.

"Last summer." Ethan said.

"You kept it a secret for over a year!" Grayson.

"It's not a complete secret if Kyle knew something was up. He knew  I was hung up on a girl, you were the one too busy with Olivia to notice." Ethan blurted out, "I'm sorry that was a dick thing to say. It's not your fault Gray." He immediately apologized.

"No you have a point. I have been a shitty brother. I should've known something was up."Grayson said.

"No Gray, you were just so happy for the first time in years that I didn't want to burden you with my problems. It's on me this time Gray." Ethan said.

"Problems?" Grayson asked.

"We broke up." Ethan simply said.

"So what I saw was the aftermath of a booty call?" Grayson asked.

Ethan groaned, "See complicated. I guess I should start from the beginning."

"That would be a great place to start." Grayson said.

"Close the door." Ethan said.

Ethan sat on the bed and he felt the bed sink further when Grayson joined him.

"You know how I have to do art classes every semester to meet The Dean's requirements for the scholarship?" Ethan asked.

"Yeah." Grayson replied.

"Well, after those classes I would go out to random bars to hookup. I needed to do something, anything to help me feel again. I was so tired of feeling numb and sex was the only thing that could make me experience an ounce of emotion. That day a buddy of mine took me out to a new bar. At first I was adamant of going, but I'm glad I did." Ethan softly smiled. "I felt like shit. I felt alone, but then I met her. Emma is a fighter and I think her fiery spirit is what first drew me to her like a moth to a flame. She was my strength when I didn't have any."

"You said you became sober in New York." Grayson recalled to the day they first got here.

"Yeah. I won't lie and say it didn't began as sex between us, but it soon became more than that. We couldn't get enough of each other. I swore I had to be under some type of spell which was ironic because weeks after we met I discovered she was a witch."

"How?" Grayson asked.

"I drank too much that night. I lost control of my body and was about to wolf out, but she was there to save me." Ethan said.