1.8

Emma felt better the next morning. She could still feel Ethan's lingering touches on her skin. Waking up next to him was the epitome of a good morning. She fluttered her eyes closed in contentment as she inhaled their combined scents.

"Morning." Ethan's husky voice said. He leaned down and kissed her naked shoulder.

"Morning." Emma sweetly whispered.

Emma's fingertips softly grazed his arms wrapped around her waist. The light touches sending tingles down his spine. "Let go. I need to take a shower." Emma said. His grip tighten and Emma groaned, "Ethan."

"I happen to like how you smell." He said as she dug his nose into her hair and deeply inhaled.

"You're such a dog." Emma scoffed pretending like she hadn't done the same thing a few minutes before.

"Woof, woof baby." Ethan said.

" I like how we smell too, but my skin feels sticky and gross." Emma said.

"I have a wonderful idea then." He smirked.

Ethan was too much of a temptation to pass up and Emma eventually gave into his seduction in the shower. They came out squeaky clean, but prominently smelling of one another. Emma went to the hotel phone and ordered some room service. While they waited for their food she couldn't help, but bring it up.

"Who's Ellie?" Emma asked.

Ethan gulped and Emma took it as a sign of guilt. Pain and insecurity flickered in her eyes. She thought everything was going well between them.

"You don't have to lie to me. Was she someone important to you? Did you sleep with her." Emma blurted out. 

"Woah." Ethan said in surprise, "No none of that. It's just complicated."

Emma huffed. There was a knock on the door and she spat out, "I'll get it" to Ethan with an attitude. He couldn't help, but smirk at her blatant jealousy. In all the time he knew her she's never shown if she was insecure about them.

"Are you jealous?" Ethan teased.

"No. I could care less." Emma quickly responded. She cursed to herself, realizing that's exactly how she sounded.

"If it makes you feel better she's just a friend." He said and Emma raised an eyebrow.

"Then how is it complicated?" Emma asked.

"Because a long time ago Kyle told me she had a crush on me. She was actually my tutor before the whole Kyle thing happened. I even poured out my heart to her about you." Ethan said.

Emma squinted her eyes at him."So you were purposefully trying to make me jealous."

"A-ha, so you admit you were jealous." Ethan continued to tease her.

Emma rolled her eyes and dug into her breakfast. She flipped him off. She was clearly unamused by his way of cryptically answering her questions.

"No I wasn't actively trying to make you jealous. I'm being honest when I say I only saw her as a friend. I do care for her though and that's why I couldn't stand there and watch her suffer. Hannah was her best friend and as selfish as Hannah was Ellie didn't deserve to loose her friend like that. Every time I ran into her in the hallway she was a mess. It looked like she never got an ounce of sleep. When Kyle almost bit her, I decided that she deserved a fresh start. I know when I was heart broken that's all I ever wanted." Ethan said.

"That's very noble of you Ethan." Emma said.

Ethan mumbled that it was nothing.

"I'm sorry." Emma said.