Sip song (12)

Yaya

"You should let go." I feel his hot breath as he whispers on my ear. I shake my head, tightening my hold on him.

I feel his hand caress my back, wrapping me with both his arms. "I'm not going to disappear. Just change into a better position, you'll strain your back." He soflty pushes me away.

I sit up, only to realize how uncomfortable our position was. Especially for him, who had his IV all tangled up. "My gosh, I'm sorry." I scramble to untangle it, my hands shaking.

"Hey, hey." He reaches for my shoulder, squeezing it to calm me down. "I'm alright. Come here." He pulls me in closer, making me take over the space beside him.

He makes me use his arm as a pillow, placing the other around me. I rotate my body so I was facing him, burying my face on his chest as I engulf him with another hug.

"I'm still here." He presses a kiss on the top of my head. All I could do was just tighten my hold on him, praying he doesn't disappear.

We stay like that, tangled in each other's embrace. I continue to listen to the beating of his heart, praying that it never stops .

"Promise me." I break the defeaning silence. "That you'll never keep secrets from me ever again." I feel him hug me even tighter, his hand caressing the back of my head. "I promise."

His steady heartbeat against my ears plays me a lullaby, lulling me into a deep sleep as Im trapped in the comfort of his warm embrace.

The following day, I take charge on his case, devising a treatment plan along with James. I wasn't going to let him go without a fight, this time I wouldn't stay doing nothing.

I scheduled him a number of tests, to give us a full view of what we're really dealing with. He didn't really argue much, just obediently following everything I prescribed him.

He was quiet. Sometimes I'd catch him with a serious look on his face, like he was thinking of something deep.

"Okay, so once we've dissected it out of the olfactory groove, we make sure that there are no traces left, then we implant the radioactive seeds to stop reoccurrence." I turn to face to my audience of two, Nadech and James, after I explain the course of action. Nadech wanted to be part of the discussions, so he was present in every deliberation.

"How are you sure, it's going to work? That it's not going to grow back?" Nadech speaks up, a rare occurrence during deliberations like this. He usually stayed quiet, his attention focuseld solely on our discussions.

I turn to face him, making sure I looked confident and sure. "Because I'll implant those radioactive seeds myself, I'll make sure not even an ounce of that tumor grows back."

He only shuts his lips tight, nodding, and then looking away.

I suddenly felt bothered by his demeanor, the indifference in his actions lately.

I stare at him for a while, trying to read what was running through his mind. Probably sensing the tension in the air, James clears his throat. "I'll leave you to talk." He guides himself out, gently closing the door behind him.

"Is there's something wrong? You've been a little off." I take a step forward, nearing closer to him.

He let's out a frustrated breath and looks at me straight in the eyes. "I'm not doing the surgery."

I feel shock radiate over my body, making me take a step backward."What?" I grip on the edge of the chair near me, trying to balance myself.

"I don't want to do the surgery." There was authority in his voice, making my legs shake because he sounded so sure about it.