Neung (1)

Yaya

"Okay, okay, Kim. Bring me a latte when you come and drop by, I just finished a sleepless ten hour shift." I let out a small smile when she succumbs to my requests, shoving my phone back in my coat pocket. 

"Going home?" Margie suddenly pops out of nowhere, shocking me out of my wits. "You scared me!" I breathed out, my hand holding on to my chest as if it was about to explode. "I'm sorry. I just finished a surgery and I'm high on coffee. Thanks to your friend, I'm also high on pain killers today, because my ankle can't endure a whole four hour surgery without them. I still love her though." 

A few days ago, Kim dragged us to eat at her restaurant. A restaurant that we all thought was already built. We all went inside that building feeling like we were about to get massacred. 

"Kimberly, this is not a restaurant." I say as we get inside the shabby building. It was dark and dusty. It was nowhere near being a restaurant. There were blocks of wood on floor, cans of paint and a lot of debris. "When your friend said restaurant, I actually thought restaurant. This is ain't it." Margie sneaks in a comment behind me. 

"Hey! It /is/ a restaurant. It's just not done yet. But the kitchen works and I've stocked up some food so I could start planning out my dishes. So, you're the first customers!" She squeals and claps her hands as he makes her way to the kitchen. 

"Take a seat guys!" She yells from the kitchen making me scan the place for somewhere to sit. "Uhm, where?" Ann chimes in. "There." I say, pointing to the corner by the window. The place was huge, but there was only one table surrounded by six chairs. I shake my head and giggle at the comedy of our situation. Kimberly definitely has a lot of work to do. 

I step over the pile of wood on my way. Good thing I was wearing my sneakers today, going through this place was an obstacle. "Hey, watch your step, you might trip ov--" I was cut off when I hear something crashing down, followed by Margie's loud scream. Too late. 

I turn around to see Margie on the floor, Ann only managing to grab her arm. "Oops." Kim manages to say as she bolts out the kitchen, a spatula in hand. 

"Well, it's definitely swollen." I say as I examine her foot. She tripped over the pile of wood and landed on her ankle. "I'm so sorry." Kim pleads as she watches over us, still having the spatula. "It's okay." Margie says, giving out her genuine smile. "Your food better taste great." She adds, as we help her up. "Oh, yeah! My steak!" Kimberly dashes back to the kitchen and I can only shake my head. 

"Your foot's still bad, huh?" I ask, as I watch her walk on it with ease. She probably was under a lot of painkillers today for her to walk on it painlessly. "Not as bad. But it would have been terrible if I had to stand on it for four hours without medication." She snickers. 

"Your in pain like this, has Pok been helping out with the twins?" I ask, curious of their house setup. She just had a litter of twins roughly a year ago, and I can only imagine how a surgeon like her is living with two babies. 

"Of course he does. I sleep like a baby at night." She snickers, making me shake my head in amusement. 

We were down the hall when Ann comes rushing towards us. "Good. You guys are still here." She breathes out. "I don't know why, but it seems like every other doctor in this hospital is either off call, busy or in surgery. I have two emergency cases in the ER right now." She says, wiping the sweat off of her forehead. 

"What do you have?" Margie asks her. "I have a hand injury and a kid with a very alarming stomach ache." She says as she walks with us to the emergency room. "I'll take the kid." Margie says, rushing towards the patient when she gets a glimpse of him. "I'll take the hand injury then." I say. "Bed four." She points to the closed curtain and I immediately walk towards it.