Hok (6)

Nadech

"P'Bear?" I look down at Ram when he calls out for me. We were on his way to his room when he stops midway, looking up at me.

"What is it, bud?" I bend down so I was at his eye level, his big curious eyes boring into mine. "Do you love Dr. Yaya?" I was taken aback by his question, furrowing my brows. "What made you ask that?" I squat down, making both of us at the same height.

He shrugged his shoulders and tilts his head. "Well, you look at her the same way my mom looks at me." I chuckle at his statement, staring at him as he continues. "She tells me she looks at me with so much love. You look at Dr. Yaya the same way, so do you love her?" I smile as he inserts his hands in his pockets, twisting his body back and forth as he waited for my answer.

"Very much." I find myself smiling as I said those words, my heart swelling.

I do. I've always loved her. Never was a time I didn't.

I run my hand over his hair, resting it on his shoulder. "But that's our secret, okay?" His toothy grin appears as he excitedly nods his head. "Come on?" I stood up and offer my hand to him. He happily accepts it and continues to walk with me.

"I don't really believe my mom." He says out of the blue. I turn to look at him but he just continues, staring ahead as he takes short skips. "She tells me she looks at me with love everyday, but that's a lie. Sometimes she looks at me with worry, on other days with fear." I come to a halt, staring at him as he talked.

I went down on my knees, tugging on his shoulders so he was facing me again. I study him, making sure it was the same six year old boy who was talking. It didn't seem like he was fazed, he continued to talk.

"I hate it the most when she looks at me with fear. I know shes's afraid of me dying. That's why I try to make her happy. I try to make a lot of memories with her. So, when it's time for me to go, at least I know I've made her happy and that I left her with many happy memories that she could remember me by. Knowing that, it makes me a little less afraid of dying. I know I really don't have an option, I'm dying. I can feel it, but don't tell my mom." My lungs constricts as he talks about his death so carefree. He was so young, but he understood things in a way most people don't. He accepts things most people can't.

I run my hand to cup the side of his face before I pull him in for a hug. "You're a good boy. A great man." I whisper as I stroke the back of his head. I pull back and he looks at me, raising his small hands to cup my face. "You are too, P'Bear. Make happy memories with the people you love." He smiles at me and I couldn't help but smile back, nodding my head.

"Earth to Barry." I get pulled from my memory when a crumpled tissue hits my forehead. I furrow my brows as I rub the spot it hit, sending glares to the person in front of me. "I've been talking here like a fool, and you weren't listening at all." She says, furrowing her brows as she studied me. "I'm sorry, I just remembered something." I say, scratching the side of my head.

"Anyways, we're staying here for just two days, so can we stay at your place?" I immediately nod my head, taking a sip from my drink. "Sure, Sure. Anything for Kit." He shifts on his seat, scooting forward as he starts to devour the food on his plate. "What about me?" She playfully asks, resting his chin on top of her palms as she propped her elbows on the table. "Pim." I give her a look, making her laugh.

"Papa!" I shift my attention from my food to the boy who was running towards me. "Kit, hey." I pick him up and sit him on my lap, offering him some of the food on my plate. "Did you have fun?" I ask as I take the towel Pim hands me. He nods his head and smiles as I wipe the sweat that pooled on his forehead, sweeping his hair away from his face.