Sip sam (13)

Yaya

"So we go through in laterally, I'll insert the first s----"

"Hey." Words to myself get cut off when familiar strong arms wrapped around me from the back. "It's late." He whispers, planting a kiss in my hair. 

"I have to master this. You're surgery's the day after tomorrow." My focus was solely on my laptop screen displaying the insides of his brain.

I feel him sigh, watching him as he reaches for my laptop and gently closes it. "Hey." I felt the gentleness in his voice as he turns my swivel chair, my focus now on him.

"Give yourself a break, please." He squats in front of me, taking my hands in his. "You've been at this for days. You haven't been sleeping well." I watch him in awe as he presses my hand against his cheek.

"I need to be ready." He tilts his head looking at me. It was as if he was reading my mind, barging through my walls. But it was his mind I wanted to read, and it was something I'm hardly ever able to do these past few days.

"I've seen you slave yourself for days, you're more than ready." He reasons out, his eyes piercing through me. I hang my head low as I let out a sigh. "You're amazing and I believe in you so much. So please."

I let out a sigh as I told my head to side, staring right t him as he makes one of those faces that make me want to crunch him into a ball to hide in my pocket. I watch him for a while, looking at him as the light from the window that seeped into the dark room lit his face.

"Fine." The smile on his face displayed his deep dimples, making me smile as well. "Can you take a day off tomorrow?" He asks me out of the blue.

"I think I can, why?" He inches closer, a smile plastered on his face. "Let's go out." My eyebrows almost meet as I get surprised with his query. "Go out? You have to get admitted tomorrow."

"I don't have to get admitted 'til 8pm. And I just want to spend the day with you. So, please. Can you spend the day with me tomorrow before you guys crack my head open?" He sports a ridiculously huge smile on his face, making me shake my head.

"Pretty please. For me." I roll my eyes and feign a soft laugh. "Fine." The smile he had was wider than the ocean as he stood up. "But I'm getting you admitted at exactly 8pm." He only snickers, pulling the swivel chair closer to him.

"Yes ma'am. But right now, I'm getting you to bed." I let out a laugh as he picks me up in his arms, a silly smile on his face.

"What do you exactly mean by that?"  I raise an eyebrow as I wrap my arms around his neck. "Well, you're about to find out." He snickers as he  gives me a coy smile, gently throwing me into the bed.

***

I was surprised at how early the day started. He woke me up with breakfast in bed after an interlude of a thousand kisses. He seemed a little strange today, he was perky and he was excited, but I didn't let it get to me too fast because at a point, I loved seeing him this ecstatic.

We spent the whole day outside, and it almost seemed like the day was getting by slowly. It was so much fun that I almost forgot every little worry I have about everything. About him. 

We went to lunch at my favorite restaurant, and he had us sit at my favorite spot by the window. He ordered my favorite dish as well, and weirdly enough I had myself order a chuckload of mangoes. I've been fairly addicted for it for a while now and Nadech always found it funny. And at that moment in time, it felt like just a normal day, where he and I went to a normal lunch date. Like there wasn't a huge surgery happening tomorrow. He made me forget my worries for a short time, and I loved that he was able to do such a thing.