Just maybe...

Alastors POV:

I entered the hotel, hiding my happiness. If they knew that I was excited, they would ask why and then I would have to make up a lie. Or kill them. Either one would do just the trick. "Well well well," Angel said, appearing beside me, "Someone left in a hurry! Did you get lucky Al?" I laughed manically. "No, I did not 'get lucky'. But you're about to get a bottle shoved up your rear end if you don't leave immediately," I retorted in an angry, yet cheerful manner. "Oh shove your bottle up me daddy~" he said seductively. Keeping a smile on my face, I very kindly whacked him in the side of his head with my staff. "What the hell was that for?!" I yelled, clutching his head. I tilted my head, saying "You hit on me, I hit you." He muttered something under his breath and walked away. "Charlie! Vaggie!" he called out. I just shook my head in irritation.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turn to see an irritated Husk. "What can I do for you my fine fellow?" I ask him. He just grimaced at me and said "Mary's lookin' for ya. Dunno why, but she asked me to tell you." She figured it out. She's going to yell at you... she's going to hate you... "Hmm...I wonder what she could want," I said. I walked into the dining room in a search for her. "Alastor!"

Marys POV:

"Alastor!" I called. He turned with a dramatic smile. "Ah," he said, "Hello there Mary! My dear friend Husk tells me that you were looking for me. What seems to be the problem?" He moved dramatically and spoke like a radio show host. It was terrifyingly familiar, yet strangely alluring. "Oh, no problem at all! I just figured, well, since you know about my life maybe I should know a bit about yours?" I asked shyly. "Well my dear, I don't like to talk much about my past. The only thing people know, and the only thing I want them to know, is that in my life I had a wife. She was the best thing that ever happened to me... The only woman I ever loved..." he said, a look of sadness barely visible in his eyes. He seemed to catch himself and his eyes went hard again. My dear? Isn't that was my ex-husband called me?

"You know," I said cautiously, "you remind me a lot of my ex-husband." He let out a small 'hmm' and said, "I hope that won't be an issue. But trust me when I say that before you came to this hotel, I had never met you." A crooked smile crossed my face as I let out a small laugh. "No problem at all! Besides, you're much kinder than him!" He laughed, a musical sound. Something old and forgotten stirred inside me. But... I knew that laugh... Maybe it was just the static effect in his voice. Just maybe....

Alastors POV:
You're going to screw up, Alastor... Much kinder than her ex-husband... She thought you were cruel! Of course she does, you did kill her. IDIOT! You were the one who killed her after all... I pushed the voices into the back of my head as far as I could. I made her laugh. She's warming up. That's all that's important right now. God I missed that laugh... That laugh that sounded like bells ringing charmingly in a cool breeze.

Mary gasped and ran to the window, startling me. "Oh look Alastor!" she squealed, "It's snowing! It must be Christmas Eve!" Ah yes, that damned Christmas. In Hell, it only snowed two days of the year. On Christmas Eve, and Christmas. Thankfully it was always quite a heavy snow. I had always loved the winter. "Well, why don't we go out in it?" I say, warmth in my voice. She looked at me with wide eyes. "Oh, could we?" she asked. I laughed at her excitability. She always had loved everything around her... "Of course Mary! Go get into warm clothes. I'll meet you down there!" She gave me that crooked smile that was so damn perfect and ran off.

Maybe I can win her back! Maybe we can be happy again... Just maybe...

A/N: Well there you have it, folks! Sorry its kinda short, but the next one will be longer! Promise. Peace out my little demons!