Pure Bliss

Alastors POV:
I awoke in excruciating pain. It felt like my body had been cut up, drenched in gasoline, and then lit on fire several times. I moved my arm to put my hands on my head, and heard a soft rustling sound. My eyes snapped open and I saw that I was in... my room? Huh? When did I get here? I pulled myself into a sitting position and looked around. My eyes fell on Mary, sitting on the couch, fast asleep. She looked like she was okay.

 Wait... If Mary is over there, and I'm in my room... I knew her well enough to know that she wouldn't leave wounds unattended. I looked down, flushing with embarrassment when I saw that I had no shirt on. Well.... That is NOT how I expected her to... oh who am I kidding? She would never leave something unattended even if it was awkward for her. I moved my legs to the side of the bed, and tried to stand up. It was hard, but when I grabbed my bedpost and hoisted myself up I managed to stand up, pain searing through my body. I had a mission, and that was to at least put a robe on. 

I stared determinedly at my closet, and slowly started to limp over to it. I made it about halfway there before I stumbled over nothing and fell onto my hands and knees. Pain seared up from my left side as I landed heavily. Those damned exterminators... I grunted in pain as I attempted to push myself up. Apparently that was enough to wake up Mary, because she was at my side before I could blink. "Let me help you," she said. Well my plan of getting my robe before she woke up failed... "No, thank you," I said, "I can manage." She gave me a hard look and helped me up anyways. "You're hurt and you need help," she said calmly. I sighed and smiled, knowing that she wouldn't let up on it until I could function properly.

Marys POV:
That smile... or that annoying, vexing, perfect smile. Didn't he realize that if he didn't rest he would never get better? "What the hell are you smiling about? Alastor, you need to get into bed right now! If you work yourself too hard, you're just going to hurt yourself more!" He just laughed. "You are absolutely adorable when you're trying to boss somebody around," he said, "Besides, I will be just fine." Why was he being so stubborn about this?

 "You can drop the 'I don't need help' act," I said. He tilted his head to one side. "Who says it's an act," Alastor asked, "Besides, why would you want to help me? You saw how.... crazy..... I go when I'm in full demon mode." Crazy was an understatement. "One, I know it's an act young man," I said, "Two, I want to help you because..." I could feel my face heating up. "B-because..." He limp

That look in his eyes... Was it lust? Love? I didn't know, but what I DID know is that Alastor would never hurt me. Even in full demon mode he was protecting me. He put his uninjured hand up on the wall. "Because why?" he asked in a somewhat sexual voice. I blushed even more at his deep and husky voice. "Because.... Because.... Because I love you..." I said, my voice small and meek. 

He leant in and kissed me. My heart fluttered as we had our first kiss. What did I do to win his heart? I will never know. Am I happy about it? Of course! I stopped thinking about everything and just melted.

Alastors POV:
I have no idea how, but I finally managed to kiss her. God she was so perfect... She was rigid at first, then she finally kissed back. I missed these perfect little moments... Her perfect little kisses... If only Mary knew that this wasn't our first one. I pulled away and looked into those beautiful golden eyes. "I love you too," I said. 

We heard a collective 'Awwwww!' and turned to see Charlie, Vaggie, Niffty, and Angel Dust standing at the open door. I tilted my head with a sickening crunch. "Quiet you," I said. They saw the look on my face and decided it would be a good idea to close the door. Smart move on their part. 

Mary started laughing. "Go get into bed little mister! You shouldn't be up," she said bossily. I laughed and said, "Can I at least get what I got up for?" "And what would that be?" she asked. "My robe," I said laughing. She shook her head, chuckling. She walked over to the closet and tossed it to me. "Now. Bed," she said. I laughed, limping over and sitting on it. She rolled her eyes. "Am I going to be able to get you to lay down?" she asked. "Absolutely not darling!" I exclaimed, laughing. She snickered at this and sat on the bed with me.

 "So," Mary started, "What are we now? Are we together?" I looked at her. "Do you want to be?" I asked. She glanced at me, cheeks dusted with red, and nodded ever so slightly. I reached over with my uninjured arm and hugged her. She was careful about my wounds, but buried her head in my chest. I knew this couldn't last forever, but that's fine. I have now, and now is pure bliss. 

A/N: it felt very odd writing 'robe' so many times... Robe is a very odd word.. every word is an odd word.. i need to stop... im tired but i refuse to sleep lmao i just barely got this out on the 1st and its 11:59 right now... Sorry this is crappy but i'm running on junk food and zero motivation... ALSO!!! Thank you thank you thank you Flyte for this amazing fanart!! I love it to bits! As you can see, this is Mary. I forgot to mention several times what kind of demon she is. Flyte is my best friend so they helped me decide. Go check her out! She has amazing stories and is super talented! (I may be a bit biased but still they are a much better writer than me) remember, the username is Flyte-_ Peace out my little demons!

 Go check her out! She has amazing stories and is super talented! (I may be a bit biased but still they are a much better writer than me) remember, the username is Flyte-_ Peace out my little demons!