I Tried

Marys POV:
It had been half an hour since our fight. Half an hour to think, half an hour to sob, half an hour to remember all the good times. I understood why he lied to me all this time.

 He was scared of losing me again. I had to apologize, and I knew exactly where he'd be. I headed downstairs and overheard Charlie talking about the new hospital that she just opened. I heard Angel saying it was a dumb idea. I heard Vaggie yell at Angel and Angel crack jokes. I heard all this, but I ignored it. Instead, I grabbed my coat and walked outside, heading towards that little place in the woods.

 (10 minute time skip brought to you by gayness) 

"Alastor?" I called. He has to be here somewhere... He always comes here. "Al? Where are you?" I shouted again. I looked around and saw his ear poking out from behind a tree. I walked over to him, telling him how sorry I was. "Alastor, I'm so sorry... I should have attempted to understand," I said, reaching him, "Will you at least talk to me?"

 I looked at his face and saw that he was paler than usual, and his eyes were closed. The wheels in my mind started turning as I took in his face, posture, and saw an empty bottle of booze. I saw that he didn't have his jacket. I saw that he had a bloody knife in one hand. Fear entered my mind. I looked at his other arm and screamed. The arm was littered with scars from self-mutilation, and a new cut was there. A huge slit sat there, bleeding out. A pool of his own blood gathered around him. I immediately ripped my coat and put it around his forearm. "You're not dying on me yet you son of a bitch!" I yelled at his unconscious form.

 I had to figure out how long he had been down before I could do anything. It takes roughly ten minutes to get out here, so that's thirty minutes right there. It would take him about five minutes to drink that booze, so roughly twenty-five minutes. He's tall, but thin, so it'll take me roughly fifteen minutes to get him to the Hotel if I use all of my strength. It'll take roughly ten minutes for the ambulance to get him and get back to the hospital. Hopefully that won't be too long.

 I grabbed him under the arms and dragged him through the trees with every ounce of strength I had. It seemed like forever before I got back to the hotel. The second we got close I laid him down and set his head in my lap. "Charlie!" I screamed, "Charlie call the hospital!" The door opened and Niffty poked her head out. "What's all the kerbubble ab- Oh my goodness!" Her little hands went up to her mouth the second she saw Al. I fought to keep my voice steady as I told her to go inside and get Charlie or Angel or somebody to call an ambulance. She rushed inside and not long after that I heard the loud wail of the sirens.

 I could feel him growing colder as the sirens approached. I felt so numb. Two demons came and took him away on a gurney. "Do you want to ride with him?" one of them asked me. I nodded, and climbed in the back of the ambulance. They hooked Al up to wires and put this odd looking clear mask on him. Time seemed to fly as the doctors attempted to help Alastor.

 I know we arrived at the hospital, and I know they were moving fast. I know that they stopped me from going into the operating room. I know that the others were there, and that Angel had brought some extra clothes. I know that time caught up with me the second I stepped into the bathroom stall. 

I put the toilet cover down, and set my clothes on top of it. Everything rushed at me, and I felt like I was going to hurl. I quickly tossed my clothes on the floor, lifted the seat, and emptied my stomach. As soon as I finished with that, I cried. I must have stayed there for at least fifteen minutes, just sobbing. This is my fault... If I had just tried to understand he wouldn't have done this. I buried my head in my hands, and stayed like that for another five minutes.

 I heard the door click open and Charlie's soft voice saying, "Mary? Are you ok in here?" I quickly raised my head and wiped away the tears. "Yeah," I said, forcing my voice to be calm, "Just changing." I quickly put on the clothes that Angel brought and walked out of the stall. Charlie stood there, looking shaken and pale. "The um," she began, her voice starting to break, "The doctors..." Tears slipped down her cheeks. Dread filled every inch of me. Was I too late? I spoke carefully to her, "Charlie... Is Alastor dead?" She shook her head, sniffling. "No," she said, "They haven't said anything yet.. What happened Mary? Why did he do this?" Charlie looked at me, tears making their way down her face. I hugged her close, knowing that she needed it. "We had a fight... A really big one. I didn't know he was this depressed. If I had known..." I trailed.

 Charlie cried into my shoulder for a couple seconds before we heard a soft knock at the door. Angels muffled voice came through the wood, "Hey, the doctors are here.." Charlie let go of me and wiped the tears off her face. I looked at her in a way that asked if she was going to be ok. She nodded, and we walked out together. The doctor turned to us. He was short, and slightly pudgy. "Ma'am," he said, looking up at me, "The man you brought in today... We regret to inform you that, although he is alive, he is in a deep coma and we are unsure if he will wake up. You got him here just in time... He was barely hanging on when he came in."

 I stopped listening at the word coma. He's in a coma... It's my fault... "Hey, he's alive at least," Angel said, putting his hand on my shoulder. "I tried... I tried to get him here in time.." I said, "I tried so hard...."

Authors Note: *screaming* I'm sorry! Al might die, he might not. I don't know. Well.... I do, but that's beside the point. I'm mostly sad that my baby is ending soon... Y'all gonna have a fun time with these next few chapters lmao. Peace out my little demons!