Birth

Alastors POV:
I had been eight months since I got out of the hospital. Mary was now nine months pregnant and waddling around like an overgrown penguin. Of course, like any good father should, I was worrying and fussing over her every move. "Mary, what have I said about going down the stairs without support? You could trip and hurt yourself and the baby!" "Mary, don't lift that! It's too heavy." "Mary, sit down. You're going to overwork yourself." "Mary, have you been getting enough sleep?" "Mary, have you eaten today?"

 She was tolerant for so long until today. "Mary, please, what have I said about crouching-" I began. She cut me off by putting her hands on my face and staring deep into my eyes. "Alastor," she said in a calm tone, "I love you, but back off. I don't need you following me around like a puppy dog watching my every move." I put my hand on the small on her back and pulled her in, teasingly growling in her ear, "Now just what kind of father would I be if I wasn't somewhat overprotective?" Mary pushed away laughing. "Somewhat?!" she cried incredulously. I scoffed. "Now I cannot be that bad can I? Can a poor old sinner not care for his lovely wife?" I said theatrically, placing my wrist to my forehead. "Oh woe is me! I fear I may never recover from this harsh truth! I am dying from a broken heart! This is the end of me... I'll see you on the other side." I finished my act by flopping on the couch dramatically. 

Marys POV:
The second Al hit that couch I busted up laughing. Ever since Lily woke him up, he had been the Alastor I had met all those years ago. The caring, fun loving, witty Al I had fallen for. He never faked his smiles anymore, and let his emotions show. And by God he was funny! 

My laughter was cut short by a pain growing in my abdomen. I let out a small cry of pain as I clutched my stomach. Alastor was immediately on his feet and by my side. "Are you ok? Is something wrong?" he asked quickly. I nodded slowly. "Probably just a ki- Ow!" I doubled over from the pain. Worry covered Al's face as he made a protective move over me. I looked up at him, wincing from the pain.

 "I think I'm going into labor." 

Panic filled his eyes as he promptly picked me up and carried me out to the limo. "I will be back in two jiffys," he said, closing the door and running off. Well, he's taking this quite calmly.

Alastors POV:
Oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no! I rushed around practically tearing the room apart looking for the bag her and I had prepared. I'll clean it up later. Right now I need to find that damn bag! I finally found it stored underneath the sofa. I grabbed it and ran down the stairs, barreling over Husk to get back to the car. "Hey! Watch where you're going you old fool!" I heard him yell after me.

 I continued running until I got out to the car. When I looked in the window, Mary was on her side groaning in pain. I hopped in as fast as I could, snapping at the driver to go to the hospital and make it fast. Mary looked up at me with a small smile. "Did you have to be so rude?"

(time skip to the hospital and fuck it, after birth because that shit is goddamn disgusting)

"Congratulations, sir. You are now a father to a healthy baby girl." A small, rotund demon stood on his toes to hand me my daughter. 

I took her and gazed upon the beauty of her. Her hair was a dark brown with red tips. Her eyes were a deep red like mine. She had the beautiful porcelain skin of her mother. A warm smile came over my face as she opened her little mouth and yawned. I hugged her close to my chest, my heart full of love and adoration for my child. 

"Would you like to see your fiancé?" the doctor asked me. I nodded and he led me to Mary's room. She looked at me with tired eyes. "Hello," she said groggily.

Marys POV:
The sight I saw was one of the best sights I've seen since I died. I saw my soulmate holding our newborn child. "Well hello there to you, pretty missus," he said gently. He stepped forward and gently set our baby in my arms. My eyes filled with tears as I stared down at her pretty face. Al pressed a gentle kiss to my temple and put his arm around me. 

"We must name her," I whispered, "Got any ideas?" He hmmed and said "I had always wanted to name a child of mine Bloom." I shot him a hard look and said "You know how I feel about that name! Every child with that name in my family became a total narcissist!" Alastor laughed heartily. "Well then, my dear, how about Rosalyn?" I thought about it for a moment before nodding my head. "Our sweet little Rosalyn," I whispered before kissing her on the head. Rosalyn made a small humming sound and snuggled up against me. I turned and kissed Al and rested my head on his chest. I felt him settle his chin on my head. Who needed Heaven when you had this?

 I'm so glad I didn't go with Lily.