「Who Am I? 」

Yuuki's POV

    I felt a pain in my left eye again. I had no time to think about what just happened. The pain was unbearable. It felt as if someone had stabbed my eye. It continued to pulse along with my heart.

   BADUMP BADUMP BADUMP

  I ran to the restroom and looked in the mirror. My eyes widened in fear. Who is that in the mirror? A monster...Or...me?...

    My left eye glowed fiery red, a pair of ears on my head wiggled at my frustration. My fingers had grown longer, my nails sharper and painted red. In the back a fluffy.....tail?..

  NO ONE CAN EVER..EVER SEE THIS!

   My reputation will be ruined. I'll become an outcast. I'll be ignored and treated as if I didn't exist. I'll be alone....

   My red eye pulsed and glowed. Again, the pain came back. I clenched my fist as I placed my hand and pressure on the eye to attempt to stop the pain. I looked into the mirror...is this really....me?! All of a sudden I transform back to my regular self.

    "Yuuki? Are you okay? You have been in the restroom for a while, and lunch break's almost ove-- Your eye! Are you hurt?!?!? Do you need to go to the Nurse's office?!?!?"  Miko freaked. I looked in the mirror again then slowly took my hand away from my eye. The red faded then became my normal eye color.

   "Oh..no....I just got something in my eye,"I said, feeling guilty that I had just lied to Miko. That was close...

    "Should we go back to class together?"

    I walked out and waited for Miko, we then walked to class together.

    The last period of the day is the only class I don't have with Miko, so we planned to always meet at the big cherry blossom tree, I didn't expect to see the sight I saw now. People crowded around the tree. I excused my way through the crowd until I made it to the center. My eyes widened, my brows furrowed, and my jaw clenched. A guy I recognize as a senior was threatening Miko.

   "You listen up. You're her best friend right?! It wouldn't hurt you to set me up with her." He said. She shook her head and said,"Why are you asking me? Ask her directly yourself. Anyways, Yuuki wouldn't ever date someone like you." Why wasn't anyone doing anything..

   "Since you're being like that, how about I kill you for looking down on me."

    I ran in between them and yelled,"Stop! Please don't hurt her!"

    Everyone fell silent..... One by one they ran away. Why were they running? The senior stared at me with wide eyes.

   "Y-you're..."He started, then ran away,"A MONSTER!"

    I looked down at my hands and saw that I had partially transformed.. No...NO! Why now of all times! I slowly turned to Miko, she didn't look afraid at all...just...surprised..

  "You're not afraid of me?"I asked.

  "No, I'm not,remember our pact?I will always stay by your side and protect you. No matter what, until death separates us apart," Miko said smiling. My eyes started to tear up, I transformed back, using a lot of will power, and pulled her into a hug.

   "I know someone who can help. I'll take you to them later," she said.

   I nodded and released her from the hug. We then walked home together.....