Chapter 8

On my way up to his bedroom I couldn't help but wonder why he was there in the first place. Whenever Yoongi went to pick up flowers it was always from one not associated with the Min Corp. Not only did he not go there but nobody in the family went to Koya's, it was another reason I chose to work there.

'I can't believe he remembered my favorite flowers.' I thought. I always liked Persian buttercups because of the meaning of a buttercup flower. Radiant charm. The message of the flower is uplifting and expresses that you find the recipient charming and attractive.

Knock Knock

I was nervous knocking on his door.

"Who is it?" I heard Yoongi distractedly call out.

"I-it's me Chaeyoung. Can I come in?" I asked. My body was shaking I was so nervous and all I planned on doing was saying thank you.

"Sure." He said then I heard him grumble something. I was regretting coming to his room seeing I might have caught him at a bad time. But I still opened his door.

On the sofa in Yoongi's room I saw him shifting through a rather large file with a glass of wine on the table in front of him. On top of the file in his hand there was more on the couch and a few open on the table away from the wine. I didn't have to see the titles to know it had to do with the company.

'I should have come a different time' I bit my lip as I thought to myself.

"What did you want?" Yoongi glanced up at me before looking right back at the file. I started feeling bad as I was interrupting his work. Yoongi looked up at me once more seeing that I didn't answer.

"Right. Um I wanted to say thank you for today."

"Thank you?"

"Yes for helping at the flower shop. For keeping Jungkook running wild." I nodded.

"Ah, that idiot." He nodded with a deep sigh, "I feel bad for his father. You'd do better as an heir than he."

Though it was a shot at Jungkook I mentally accepted the compliment aimed towards me.

"You should consider yourself lucky that I was there when I was. I can't say I'll be there another time." He said.

"Right." I nodded.

"I think you should use this time to really reconsider dating that guy."

I stayed quiet. Yes Jungkook was an idiot at times but not always. Five years ago when Yoongi left with that misunderstanding for us Jungkook was there and stayed by me when I was troubled on what to do. I was saved by his playful personality many times since then.

"Chae?"

I snapped out of my thoughts hearing his nickname, "I think that if it was just me today, I wouldn't have been able to do anything. Jungkook gets carried away easily but he has his good points too." I defended Jungkook.

Yoongi stayed quiet.

"I am sorry about him today. If you hadn't passed by and entered the shop today, I don't know what would have happened. And thank you for not telling Namjoon who I really am." I said bowing respectfully.

Even though it was tough working at the flower shop, it felt worth my while. I felt like I could be myself there even under my previous name. I was grateful for Yoongi not taking that away from me.

"Yeah passed by." He murmured. Yoongi closed the file he was ready and looked at me

"Oppa?" I asked. His miserable expression was making it hard to breath. 'What's going on with him?'