Chapter 19

The day after appa was suddenly hospitalized I greeted the morning in the waiting room. I didn't sleep at all last night, not when I didn't know how he was doing. His condition was unpredictable and the doctor spent all his time and attention on him. That I was grateful for. Yoongi waited as long as he could before he reluctantly went to the office. The situaton we were in was too dangerous to even begin to explain

Next to me was the can my mother was dumping her cigarettes in. She went home after revealing to us that she had seen. She said nothing as she left but it was clear to Yoongi and I that she knew that our relationship was more than the kiss they had seen.

'What will we do now?'

"Ah you're here." Appas doctor said coming out of the room. I stood seeing him.

He explained everything to me about appas current condition. He chose his words carefully knowing his was a touchy subject. Appa was in serious condition just as I expected.

"He is currently stable Miss Min. He's gotten past the most difficult stage." The doctor said raising my spirits just a smidge.

"R-really?" I stammered.

"Really though his discharging date at the moment is uncertain."

"I'm glad he's okay." I murmured holding my hand to my chest in relief. Appa was safe.

Just as my brain seemed to come to terms that appa was okay my exhaustion shown through.

"Miss Min!" I heard the doctor raise his voice as I grew weak.

"I'm I'm sorry I haven't slept-"

"That's no good." He tutted, "it would be better is you returned home and rested now that he is no longer in immediate danger."

"But what-"

"You can trust me Miss Min. He's safe in our hands."

"Thank you doctor." I nodded.

I wanted to be by appas side when he woke up even if it meant I would momentarily be staying in the hospital until then. However I knew that I would be in the way of the nurses taking care of him so I returned to the estate.

As I left the building I couldn't help but think about the relief Yoongi would have knowing appa was better. I was digging around my purse for my phone when I heard my name being called.

"Huh?" I asked looking for the person who called me. Then I saw him. Kwon Ji-Yong. I hadn't seen him since the night five years ago.

"Are you just returning now?" He asked me.

"Yes." I nodded.

"How is your fathers condition?"

"Thanks to the work of the nurses and doctor, he's managed to recover."

"That's great news." He said offering a warm smile, "I heard he couldn't move at all yesterday. I apologize for not coming straight away."

"Thank you." I murmured.

"You are heading home yes?"

"Yes. I plan on coming back in the evening." I nodded. I didn't want to be rude and end the conversation but I really didn't want it to continue any longer.

"I see..." he nodded but he sounded like he wanted to tell me more. He opened his mouth but hesitated.

"What is it?" I asked full of curiosity.

"May I have some of your time?"

"I'm um."

"Let's sit over there." He said seeing a bench by far from us. I bit back a sigh and followed him. Ji-Yong continued to speak but it sounded like he was having a hard time doing so.