Detention

I hate detention so freakin' much! I mean, come on! I only had a food fight.... ok, I threw custard over Jane's head. But the bitch deserved it! She turned around and cussed my little brother, telling my he was ugly and he was going to end up in care. To hell he was! 

Let me elaborate for you.. My mum died after having my brother 9 months ago and my dad couldn't cope any more. He beat me up and turned to drugs and alcohol.

Now, I didn't mind him beating me, but he turned and smacked Georgie hard in the back, and that was the end of us living there. I took him and we ran away. Now I'm 17, I'm legal to have my own flat and I won custody of him.... but my so called 'best friend' Jane turned into one of the popular's when I was away for 2 months and woe and behold, she told everyone about me. So now people take the piss out of me. You would have thought that they would stick up for me, but no. There's no joy in that department. I just get teased and called a filthy broken slag that nobody would go near...

Don't know how I am a slag. I'm still a virgin! But that doesn't matter any more. I live for Georgie now and nobody else. I have to pick him up from the baby sitter in an 5 minutes, so I hope this detention doesn't drag. It's already been 15 minutes and it feels like it's already been hours! 

"Mrs Henfry, can you please let me go early? I need to pick up Georgie from the baby sitters house and I don't want to be late.. I've only just got him into a routine" I asked her. 

Mrs Henfry was a lovely lady. She had to be one of my favourite teachers here at Queen's high, she was the one who I told about my dad and she helped me in court when it came too getting custody of Georgie. 

"Of course Ella, but you will be making it up tomorrow after school, ok? Now, I won't be here because I'm going on holiday for a few weeks so you'll have the new english teacher that is going to take over from me, ok?"

I nodded and smiled gratefully at her. I then grabbed my back pack and rushed to fetch Georgie. I can't believe how much I have missed him.

___

I put Georgie down on the floor and flicked Cbeebies on for him. Mr Tumble came on and he giggled, clapping his hands. I smiled at him and made him some juice, looking over the day in my mind. As much as I hate Jane, I can't let that happen again. I could get Georgie taken away and he doesn't need to go to a strange new home and learn to call some other deluded woman 'mum'. Mum would have wanted me to take care of him... she would haunt me forever if he ever got taken away from me. I love the little guy too much to let him go. He looks exactly like mum aswell, with his light ginger/brown hair, little chubby cheeks and his bright blue eyes. He's the cutest little boy that I have ever laid my eyes on. Unfortunately, I look more like my dad. I have his dark brown hair and his  perfect jaw line. The only thing that I ever got off of mum, was the eyes. Which I am thankful for. 

I gave him his juice and sat down on the sofa, tired from the days events. I then thought about what Mrs Henfry said about this new teacher. I hope they're as understanding as her about Georgie, because I can't leave him for long or he gets groggy and Poppy has to go to her Cello practise at 5, so I can't make her miss it. I'm not that selfish, she's only 15 and I'm only paying her £10 an hour so she can afford these Cello lessons. 

I yawned and scooped Georgie up in my arms, carrying him to our bedroom. I could only afford a one bedroomed apartment, so we share the double bed.

"Bed time Gi'Gi!" I smiled at him, changing him into his baby grow. 

He grinned at me as I gently bounced him to sleep before placing him down in bed. I yawned and climbed in next to him. Well, I wonder what tomorrow will bring...