-ricky ~ im sorry-

" he isnt worth it y/n . youve liked him for too long and its starting to hurt you , " gina said . she saw how hurt i was , seeing nini and ricky together . they werent together or anything , it was just that ricky had ditched me completely just to go be with nini .

i honestly thought nini was the sweetest person ive ever met and i didnt hate her whatsoever . its just that ricky had ditched me for her and it made me extremely jealous .

" i tried . i really did try to move on , but it just makes it harder , " i sighed . she gave me a sympathetic look and gave me a warm hug .

ricky had been ignoring me for almost a month . our late night facetime calls / texts were basically nonexistent anymore and he would blow off our plans to go hang out with nini .

i got through my first periods and finally made it to lunch . everyday , i dreaded walking into the lunch room and seeing nini and ricky sitting together . laughing and hanging out like ricky and i had been .

i walked past them and towards e.j. . e.j. and i had gotten close ever since ricky and i stopped hanging out . gina introduced us and we surprisingly had a lot of things in common .

" hey , you doing alright ? " he asked as i sat down in front of him .

" a little , " i said , " wheres gina ? "

" shes working on something with carlos and ms . jenn . just some theatre stuff , " he said . he then looked past me and glared at something or someone .

" what are you looking at ? " i turned around to see ricky looking straight at me and e.j. , " oh . "

" he shouldnt be looking here . he had the audacity to just drop you like you didnt matter , " e.j. said , breaking eye contact with ricky .

i stayed silent and picked at my food .

after lunch , e.j. and i walked around campus , talking about anything . we usually did that if we had nothing to do .

while we were walking , i felt a light tap on my shoulder , causing me to turn around .

i saw ricky standing there without nini . it was pretty weird since they were always together , " can i talk to you for a moment ? "

e.j. glared at him once again and looked at me . i gave him a nod , letting him know that it was okay for me to talk to ricky . he then pat my shoulder and left , giving me and ricky some privacy .

" hi , " he hesitantly said . he was clearly nervous . shuffling his feet , not looking at me directly in the eyes , fiddling his thumbs .

" hi ? " i said .

" so ... you and e.j. are like best friends now ? " he asked , a bit of bitterness and jealousy laced in his tone .

" kind of , yeah . hes a nice guy , " i said , narrowing my eyes .

it was silent after that before he asked , " have you seen nini anywhere ? "

i was taken back by what he said . a bit ... angry ? but i had no reason to be , because he did nothing wrong , " is that all you came to me for ? to ask where nini is ? "

he looked surprised by my tone and by the look on my face , i was clearly angry , " i- ( EYE- ) . "

" you know what ? its okay . im sorry . i dont know where she is and i should get going , " i said before turning around and walking off .

throughout the day , i was thinking about our conversation . it was our first interaction in a month . i was also thinking if i was too mean or if i shouldve been that way .

i would also catch him looking at me in the classes we had together . i tried avoiding him for the entire day and for some reason , he just kept on appearing more and more .

i finally got through the day . the day had felt like it had gone on for way too long , so as soon as the dismissal bell rung , i rushed out my classroom door and out the school .

as i was walking out , i felt a hand on my shoulder , making me freeze . i turned around and saw ricky , the last person i wanted to see right now .

" i want to apologize , " ricky said .

" for what ? " i asked , even though i probably knew what he was going to say .

" for making it all about nini . i havent talked to you in a while and that was our first interaction , " he said awkwardly .

it was a bit refreshing to know that he is aware of us being distant . i thought talking to him for once after a long time would be nice , but it was just awkward and weird . maybe i could do better without him , but i just feel like something is missing .

" yeah . honestly you should go find nini . i need to go , " i said , making a desperate attempt to walk away . i looked around and saw e.j. standing by a tree , so i decided to go to him . as i turned , i felt ricky's hand cuff my wrist , making me turn around .

" what is up with you ? you want me to go find nini so that you can hang out with e.j. ? " he regretted what he said , and i could hear jealousy dripping from his words .

" are you serious ? youre getting mad at me for hanging out with e.j. even though you left me for almost a month to hang out with nini ! " i was mad , i was mad that he didnt see what he had done for the past month , " e.j. is helping me move on from you . right when im finally about to , you decide to talk to me now ? "

he stayed silent , opening his mouth but no words coming out .

i rolled my eyes and walked off .

________________________________

A/N : theres gonna be a part two tehe .