-ricky ~ promise-

flashback

it was summer vacation , the sun shining down on us and the breeze slowly brushing against my face .

ive been talking to a certain boy , ricky bowen . a guy from my school , east high . we were taking a walk on the beach , goofing around before junior year would start .

" you know , youre a pretty cool person y/n , " ricky admitted and took a hold of my hand . i blushed and smiled .

" can we maybe , hang out more during school , " i shyly asked , " we never really talked before this . "

" yeah sure , " he brightly smiled making my heart melt .

" promise ? "

" promise . "
_____________

the bell rang , snapping me out of my thoughts . i gathered up my things and walked out of the classroom .

i walked to my next class , theatre . i joined theatre , only to help during behind the scenes , and not actually taking a part in the musical .

i walked inside , seeing ricky and and big red talking .

ricky had promised to talk to me more during school . its been a month since that day , and he hasnt said a word .

i was frozen in place , hopelessly staring at ricky .

" hey y/n , can you help me with the outfits ? " kourtney asked .

my head snapped to her and i nodded quickly , putting on a small smile , " yes , of course . "

i followed her with my eyes stealing glances at ricky .

ricky's pov

i glanced over at y/n talking to kourtney . she was so beautiful . that summer day , i wish i couldve told her how beautiful she was .

" ricky ? hello ? " big red snapped his fingers in my face , " when will you talk to her ? she probably thinks you hate her or something . "

" i dont ! im just nervous , and shy . i dont have that same confidence i had during that day at the beach , " i blushed , remembering that moment .

" just go talk to her . she probably feels the same way . "

i sighed and nodded , " ill try . "

y/n's pov

" hold on , ill be right back okay ? " i excused myself as i was walking to go find nini .

i then bumped into someone , quickly apologizing and proceeding to go find nini .

" wait ! " a familiar voice called out . i turned around , meeting the eyes of the guy i fell in love with .

" ricky , " i breathed out .

" i-i need to talk to you , " he came closer , " do you remember that day on the beach ? that day i promised to keep in touch with you ? "

" yes . you didnt really stick to that promise , " i said . he frowned .

" i know , " he breathed in , " the reason why ive been avoiding you is because im shy . im scared that maybe you thought that i was just a summer fling , and maybe you wouldnt like me anymore , "

i stayed silent , looking at the ground as my heart was beating out of my chest .

" but why would you think that ? i asked you if we could keep in touch . i really really like you ricky , " i confessed .

his eyes lit up as he smiled brightly .

" so im asking you again . ricky , can we maybe hang out some more ? " i asked , sticking my pinky out .

" yeah sure , " he said .

" promise ? "

" promise , " he linked his pinky with mine .

________________________________

yall ... did i snap or what ?