-joshua ~ you cant do that-

a/n : k so i decided to do both , but im doing an angst imagine first and then a fluff . so get ready yall , shister has risen from her grave .
________________________________

" im sorry y/n , but i dont like you back . i have feelings for someone else , " joshua said . i nodded in defeat and acceptance as i blinked away my tears .

" im happy for you , " i sadly smiled , and walked away .

that night , i stayed up tossing and turning , finding it difficult to get my mind off of what happened . my years of friendship with him had probably come to an end just because of a silly unrequited love .

then , i soon fell asleep .

——

i was awoken by the sound of my blaring alarm . i groaned and got up , did my usual routine , and went down for breakfast .

then , i said goodbye to my family and walked out the door to go to school .

the walk to school felt so lonely . i would usually walk to school with joshua . 

i soon arrived at school and went to my group of friends . my eyes darted around the campus , and i spotted a familiar face . i smiled slightly , but that smile soon fell as i saw who he was talking to .

r/n.     ( sorry i couldnt find anyone else to use lmao . r/n is rivals name btw )

i figured that was probably who he liked , by the way he was talking to her , the way he would nervously run his hand through his hair , the way he was looking at her .

" y/n , are you okay ? " b/f/n asked , snapping me out of my trance .

" yeah , " i gave her and my other friends a fake smile , which probably wasnt believable since they were still looking at me in pity . they knew what happened , but they refused to talk about it , thinking i would rather leave it be .

the bell rang and i went to class with b/f/n . she ( sorry if your bestie is a boy ;( ) made me get my mind off of him .

we sat next to eachother and started talking and going on our phones before class started . my heart beat sped up as soon as i saw joshua and r/n walk in together . he looked so happy .

we made eye contact for a few seconds before he quickly looked away .

" hey , dont look at them . it will only make it worse , " b/f/n gently rubbed my arm , " to make you feel better , we could have a sleepover ! we can buy some snacks and watch movies . "

i genuinely smiled and nodded . she always knew how to make me feel better .

——

it has been a week since i confessed . joshua was ignoring me , acting like i dont exist . i would occasionally look at him and r/n and feel a pang of jealousy .

——

it has been a month since i confessed . im pretty sure ive gotten over joshua . i still feel a little sad everytime i see him , but maybe thats just scars from the past .

i was hanging out with my friends at ihop after school . we would usually come here if none of us had plans .

" so i heard some news going around . that joshua confessed to r/n , but she rejected him . " f/n said as the group started laughing , but i just stood there with a blank face .

f/n must've caught on to this and quickly said , " oh shoot im so sorry . are you not comfortable with me mentioning him ? "

" no no its fine ! " i said in reassurance .

i then felt a tap on my shoulder , and saw the one face i wish ive forgotten .

" joshua ? " why is he here at my table ?

my friends glared daggers at him as he nervously laughed , " can we talk ? "

" sure ... " i said , confused .

i stood up from my table and sat at his . there was an awkward silence before i spoke up , " whyd you call me over ? "

he let out a shaky breath , " so im guessing you heard news going around that r/n rejected me ? "

" yeah , what about it ? " i asked , still trying to understand why hes finally talking to me .

" well , after she rejected me , i realized how much i like you . " he said .

my eyes widened , and my heart felt like it was beating out of my chest , but that soon went away after i realized what he was trying to do .

i scoffed , " are you serious ? "

he nodded . i was in pure shock .

" so you decide to leave me after i confessed to you . then start talking to r/n and start acting like i dont exist . and now that she rejected you , you suddenly realize how much you ' like me ' ? " i said .

he looked at me like a deer in headlights .

" dont look at me like that ( you amaze me ...jkjk ) , " i paused waiting for him to respond , but nothing came out , " i am not your back up . "

i stood up and walked back to my group of friends .

________________________________

a/n : ugh youre such a baddie in this imagine . we cant help but stan .