-joshua ~ lost feelings-

a/n : im gonna be completely honest with you guys , i am NOT good at making fluff imagines . so if i make a lot of angst imagines then im sorry .... not really tho .
________________________________

" bye i love you , " i smiled and kissed joshua's cheek before getting out of his car and walking inside my home .

we went on a date tonight . our date took place at a sushi restaurant . although the date was fun and all , joshua was acting unusual .

i dont know what it was , but something seemed off . he just wasnt looking at me the same way , and his body language around me isnt the same . he would just physically keep some distance from me .

but i didnt think much of it . maybe it was something personal .

——

the next day , i decided to go to his apartment . i wanted to ask if he was okay , and ask about his behavior .

i was about to knock on the door , but i heard joshua talking to someone . it was bad of me to eavesdrop , but my curiosity got to me , so i listened .

" i just dont think i like her anymore , " joshua said , guilt lacing his voice .

" this is y/n youre talking about ? the girl you literally worked so hard to be with , and now you suddenly lost feelings ? " frankie asked .

" i feel bad ! i really do ! i mean shes great , but to be honest i've really lost feelings , " joshua sighed , " i dont know what to do . i dont wanna tell her , it'll just break her heart . "

" look , you have to be honest with her . its better to tell her the truth than lying to her face , " frankie said , " i have to go . i'll see you tomorrow joshua . "

a panic arose in my stomach as i froze in place . frankie opened the door to see me there , eyes wide .

" how long haveyou been standing there ? " he asked in panic and worry .

" u-uh , can i talk to joshua ? " i quietly asked .

he looked back at joshua and then at me , and nodded . he walked out of his apartment , and i entered .

i closed the door behind me and looked at joshua with tears welling my eyes .

" i heard what you said . "

" im so sorry y/n/n . i love you , just not the same way anymore , " he fiddled with his thumbs .

i sniffled and rolled my eyes to stop the tears from falling , " i understand . "

i knew the words that i was about to say next were going to change everything for me , but it had to be said . ( some of yall bouta be real mad at me . but it must be said )

" we should break up , " i said , tears finally falling from my eyes . the burning sensation in my throat hurt .

i could see that joshua was crying too , as he struggled to talk , " i-its for the best . "

i nodded , " can i get one last hug before i go ? "

he nodded as he opened his arms . i walked into them and sobbed on his shoulder . i was going to miss him , but i cant be in a relationship where my significant other doesnt love me back .

" im sorry , " he sobbed .

as much as i didnt want to , i let go and quickly walked out the door , not looking back .

________________________________

ooo chile this is kinda dumb . but ... it do be making me tear up a little . sike asf ... but not really .