-joshua ~ time of month-

a/n : requested :) .

ALSO HAPPY PRIDE MONTH EVERYBODY  🏳️‍🌈 🏳️‍🌈 🏳️‍🌈
________________________________

i woke up , thinking i would feel refreshed and ready to get up . instead , i was awakened by a sudden pain in my stomach .

and thats when i knew , i've started my period . i made an attempt to get up from my bed , because i was positive i bled through , but i just couldnt move .

my phone started ringing , so i reached over to my nightstand and picked up my phone .

" hello ? " i said .

" are you ready for our date ? " joshua asked excitedly . my eyes widened , " we're gonna have so much fun ! "

" oh uh ... yeah ! " i laughed nervously .

" what's wrong ? " he asked .

i sighed , i felt terrible . joshua and i planned to have a date today , and i totally blew it . but i had to be honest with him .

" joshua , i am so so sorry , but i cant make it to our date . i just started my period this morning and i dont feel very well , " i said in pity .

" ohhh . no its fine ! i'll go to the store and buy some things for you to make you feel better , " joshua replied .

he seemed totally fine with it , but i still felt bad , " you dont have to do that- "

he hung up the phone before i could even say anything .

——

about 40 minutes later , i heard a knock at my door . i groaned , got up , and limped over to my front door .

i opened it , revealing my boyfriend holding a bag filled with pads / tampons ( or any other period product that you use ) and snacks .

" hey beautiful , " he smiled and hugged me tight .

" ow , " i groaned in pain due to the tightness of his hug .

" oh , sorry , " he let go quickly , " i brought you some snacks . "

he held up the bag in his hand . i smiled and thanked him . i let him inside and we went into the living room .

" i'll go take a shower and change . it'll only take a few minutes , " i said , knowing that it would actually take about an hour or more .

it wouldve been better if i called my best friend for situations like this , because i always do . joshua and i only have been dating for a couple of months , and this is my first time bringing him over for my girl problems .

after taking a shower and changing my bed sheets , i went into the living room , only to see that joshua wasnt there .

' oh gosh , he probably left because i took too long , ' i thought .

i felt a tap on my back and turned around to see joshua holding a heat pack .

" i thought i should warm one of these up to help with your cramps , " he said .

" thank you , " i laid down on the couch and put it on my stomach and sighed . it felt so much better .

joshua lifted up my head and rested my head on his lap .

" you know , i had to ask a few of my friends for help . i didnt really know what i was doing , " he admitted , nervously laughing .

i laughed , " well i think you did a pretty good job . "

he smiled and lent down to kiss my cheek .

" im sorry that you have to deal with my problems instead of going on our date . i know you really wanted to go , " i said in guilt and pity .

he shook his head and looked at me in the eyes , " its fine . just as long as im with you . "

________________________________

a/n : i would like to talk about the black lives matter movement.

it is so heartbreaking that we still have to fight for rights and equality .

i am not a black person myself , so i dont know what its like to experience what they are going through . although , i will not stop fighting until you get the rights you deserve .

if any of you get the chance , please sign any petitions relating to the blm movement and text FLOYD to 55156 and text JUSTICE to 55156 .