Chapter 15

Beep Beep Beep

Mal's alarm went off. Today was her first day back at school. Her leg was finally out of that darn cast, but now she had a brace on that kept her knee in place. She had full strength of her arm. Ribs had finally healed completely. But she did still need her crutches, well one of them. She was in physical therapy as of a week ago, and as much as she hates to admit it, it hurt like hell. By the time she got home she would pass out, she was so exhausted.

She hadn't even seen Ben in the past week.

She missed him. But she did know once she was able to go back to school he would have to go back to his duties as King. And even though she had Math with him, he hadn't shown up because he was behind.

His father did take over for him while she was at the hospital, but once she was out Adam stepped back, and relied on Ben to take care of his work.

"M, hello, earth to M." Evie tried to snap  Mal back to reality.

"What Evie?" Mal snapped.

"Sorry, you were daydreaming again." She say.

"Oh. Well, I better get dressed. Don't want to be late for my first day. "

"Yeah no kidding."

So Mal got dressed for the day. She put on a pair of black shorts, as it was finally starting to get warm outside, she through on a purple long-sleeved shirt, that had the words "Babe" on it: and yes Evie did get it for her. Mal put on a pair of black vans. She grabbed her crutches and left for the day with Evie.

Evie and Mal made their way to breakfast. They were about to open the doors when Mal saw a banner that said: "Welcome Back Mal." She thought it was some hosk from some randos in her class, but when she opened the doors, let just say Mal almost peed a little from the excitement.

There were so many people all there to welcome back Mal. But the one person she was hoping to see wasn't there. People came by her and hugged her telling her that they were thankful that she didn't die in the car accident, Mal wasn't fully ready to talk about the accident yet. The doctors had said that she might get PTSD from it. And Mal sure was getting it.

Mal joined her friends at their usual table. No sight of Ben. Were was he she thought. But there was also no boys at the table. Where were they?

"Evie where is Ben and the rest of the guys?" Mal said finally making her way to their usual table.

"Right over there." Evie pointed.

Out of nowhere the lights went out, and where the stairs were that lead to the food, now had only one light, and Ben standing there.

"This one is for you Mal." He yell.

And out of nowhere, he started to sing. He started to sing a song Mal knew all too well.

Did I mention

That I'm in love with you

And did I mention

There's nothing I can do

And did I happen to say

I dream of you every day

But let me shout it out loud

If that's okay, ay ay

(Hey!)

If that's okay

(Hey!)

I met this girl who rocked my world

Like it's never been rocked

And now I'm living just for her

And I won't ever stop

I never thought that it could happen to a guy like me

But now look at what you've done

You got me down on my knees

Because my love for you is ridiculous

I never knew (who knew) that it could be like this

My love for you is ridiculous

My love is R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S

(R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S)

It's (ridiculous!)

Just (ridiculous!)

And I would give my kingdom for just one kiss

Well, did I mention

That I'm in love with you

And did I mention

There's nothing I can do

And did I happen to say

I dream of you every day

But let me shout it out loud

If that's okay, ay ay

(Hey!)

If that's okay

(Hey!)

I gotta know which way to go

Come on give me a sign

You gotta show me that you're only ever gonna be mine

Don't wanna go another minute livin' without you

'Cause if your heart just isn't in it

I don't know what I'd do

Because my love for you is ridiculous

I never knew (who knew) that it could be like this

My love for you is ridiculous

My love is R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S

(R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S)

It's (ridiculous!)

Just (ridiculous!)

And I would give my kingdom for just one kiss

Because my love for you is ridiculous

I never knew (who knew) that it could be like this

My love for you is ridiculous

My love is R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S

(R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S)

It's (ridiculous!)

Just (ridiculous!)

And I would give my kingdom for just one kiss

C'mon now!

By the end, Ben had made his way down to Mal. She was smiling like she never had before. She knew in her heart that, that felt right. She was right where she was supposed to be.

"I love you." Mal said.

"I love you too"

They shared a sweet kiss and everyone was cheering. But eventually, everything was disturbed by the morning announcements.

"Good morning Auradon Prep. I hope everyone is doing well todah. Not much for today, except I would like to invite back a very lucky student today. Mal."

Miss Fairy Godmother's announcement was interrupted by cheering. "I guess people do like me" Mal was thinking in her head

"Okay but today is still a learning day. So everyone please finish your food and hurry on to class."

And the day went by smoothly. Mal was happy to be back in school. She finally saw Ben and knew why he hadn't been around the past week. He was trying to learn the big dance for her, and we all know how bad of a dancer Ben is.

Mal told herself something that night, that will stick with her for the rest of her life. "He does truly love me, and I do him. I just hope nothing else bad happens."